52: Father

Lynn's P.O.V. 

"What?" Ethan whispers sitting down after I explain it to him.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"I could have a child?" he asks, shocked.

"Maybe, I don't know," I say.

"I could be a dad," he states.

"You should go get the DNA test done," Grayson says.

"Where is she?" Ethan asks.

"Call her," Grayson says.

"When did she have the baby?" Ethan asks.

"The same day I had Meadow," I say.

A nurse walks in with Meadow. Meadow is crying.

"I think she is hungry, mom," the nurse says.

"Bring her over here," I say. I pull my boob out of my shirt as the nurse sets Meadow in my arms. I start breastfeeding and the nurse nods at me.

"The doctor will be in here later today to talk with you about your baby and how you are doing. He will also be telling you when you will be leaving," she explains.

"Ok, thank you so much," I say. She walks out and then Ethan looks at me.

"Did Monica say if it was a girl or a boy?" Ethan asks.

"No, she didn't. I am sorry," I say.

"I should probably go and get things sorted out," Ethan says.

"Yeah," Grayson says.

"Call me when you finish everything," I say.

"I will," Ethan says as he walks out of the door. 

After Meadow is done eating, I burp her.

The doctor walks in a little while later after I am done feeding and burping Meadow. She is sound asleep in my arms. I smile and rub my thumb on her cheek. She is so beautiful.

"Look like you are getting along well with you baby," the doctor says.

"Yeah," I say and smile. 

"So, how are you feeling," he asks.

"Refreshed," I say.

"That's good. It looks like you are in great shape. We did some test on Meadow and she seems to breathe a bit lighter than most babies but that is more than likely because she was a week early and it should get better," he says.

"Okay," I say.

"Besides that, if everything goes to plan, you will be leaving tomorrow morning," the doctor says.

"That sounds amazing!" I say, "Thank you."

"It is no problem," he says, "So with that, do you have any questions?"

"Not right now," I say and look at Grayson. He shakes his head.

"Okay, then. Make sure that you call if you have any questions," he says, "After two weeks, you will have a check-up for you and the baby."

"Okay," I say.

"Okay. Have a wonderful rest of your night," he says and waves as he walks out of the door.

Grayson's phone rings and he picks it up and answers it.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Ethan? How are you? What happened?" Grayson says.

"Ethan? Put it on speaker," I say.

"Whoa whoa whoa, Ethan slow down. Slow down!" Grayson says and holds a finger up to me.