17: Talking

Lynn's P.O.V. 

We end up on the couch, Ethan sitting in front of me. I wipe my eyes knowing that my eyes are red. 

"What happened to your forehead?" Ethan asks me.

I touch my forehead, thinking about the car ride earlier, "Hit my head on the dashboard today coming back from the appointment."

"What did you do that for," he says, slightly chuckling trying to lighten the mood. 

"We almost got in a wreck and Grayson had to slam on his brakes and my head hit the dashboard," I explain. 

"What! Are you okay? Does it hurt?" he asks, moving closer to me. 

"I have a major headache, right now. But that could also be because of all the thinking I have done," I say.

"Yeah," he says.

"Or all the fighting me and Grayson have been doing," I say. 

"I'm going to go get you medicine. Be right back. Don't move," he says. He comes back with a bottle of water and pain medication. I take them without argument, hoping it will help.

"Want to talk about it? About the appointment or you and Grayson?" Ethan says, "you know I am here to listen, always." 

"More than ever. I just wish it was Grayson asking me that instead of you," I say, feeling the tears ready to spill again. 

Ethan's face flashes in anger, "Grayson has been being an ass lately."

"It just the fact that we went to the appointment to make sure that nothing was wrong with him or me and we found out that it has been my fault for us not be able to get pregnant because I am basically sterile and it is going to be hard as hell to have children and Grayson refuses to talk about it," I rant. 

"Does he say why he doesn't want to talk about it?" Ethan asks. 

"No, he just says he doesn't want to talk about it and that I need to drop it," I answer. 

"Wow. I don't understand him much anymore. You probably know that we were arguing about the whole situation with you all throughout you guys honeymoon, but he has just been--"

I interrupt him, "Wait. What?" They have been arguing about me. About what situation? 

"What?" he asks, looking confused. 

"What situation with me?" I ask.

 "You didn't know that we were arguing during your whole honeymoon," he says, seeming shocked.

"No. We agreed to try to stay off of our phones as much as possible," I answer, "What situation with me.

"The present I got you. The wedding present," he explains.

"The lingerie. You guys have been arguing about that!" I exclaim. 

"Yes! That's why I'm so upset. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't like that. I tried to tell him that it was me being nice but it came out the wrong way. That's the reason Monica isn't here, either. She is pissed about the whole situation, too." Ethan says. 

"I'm going to call Monica after this so she will come back so we can talk. I am tired of this already. Why are they both blowing this way out of proportion?" I state.

"I don't know," he answers. 

"Me either. I'm just so fucking tired. I really want to go to sleep, but I don't want to go back to my apartment because Grayson is just going to ignore me anyway," I say sadly.