50: Meadow Rose

Lynn's P.O.V. 

I get to hold Meadow for maybe 30 seconds before they take her away, saying that they need to fo tests to make sure that she is healthy and doesn't need immediate attention. 

The nurse comes up to me and rubs my stomach.

"You are going to be expelling your placenta and umbilical cord in the next 20 minutes. I am going to rub right here to help everything move along. (This actually happens and the nurses usually do that as well)

After I deliver the placenta, the doctor smiles and then walks up to me, "How are you feeling?"

"Tired. When am I going to get to see my baby next?" I say, Grayson's hand in mine.

"First, we have to make sure that you are healthy and the baby is healthy. Your little girl is going to be going through some tests in the next couple hours and be watched," he explains.

"So when I am going to get to see her?" I ask.

"In the next 4 to 6 hours, on average," he says.

"Oh. okay," I say.

"But my concern right now is you. You are going to have to choose a pediatrician for your little girl and choose a name for her. Right now though, I am worried about you," he says.

"What about me?" I ask.

"How are you feeling?" he asks again.

"Very tired," I answer again.

"What about your emotions?" he asks.

"I am very happy. I am worried for Meadow," I say.

"Meadow?" the doctor asks.

"Our little girl," I say, looking at Grayson.

"Meadow Rose," Grayson says.

"That's the name you are choosing for her?" he asks.

"Yes," I say.

"It is very beautiful," he says, "I will make sure you get a birth certificate for her."

"Thank you," I say.

"Right now, you seem to be perfectly average. You aren't bleeding much from the delivery, which is great. We will continue to watch over you," he says.

"Okay," I say.

"So, do you plan on breastfeeding?" the doctor asks.

"If possible," I say.

"Okay. I will try to make sure that you can," he says

"Thank you," I say.

"Do you have any questions for me, right now," he asks.

"Is it okay for me to sleep," I ask.

"Yes, but first we are going to move you to a more comfortable room and get you cleaned up," he says.

"Okay," I say.

After they do all that, I feel like I won't be able to sleep. I don't feel tired much anymore. Grayson brings the bag into the room that I will occupy for the next day or two. 

"Hey," I say as he walks in.

"Hey. You can sleep now, you know," I say. 

"I know. I can't," I say.

"Oh. Okay, how are you feeling?" he asks.

"Eager," I say.

"For Meadow?" he asks smiling.