Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group

John skipped in, his eyes alight with happiness. He was humming, "We're All In This Together," from High School Musical.

"John! Over here!" Alex was calling the two over to the table.

"Why did you ditch us?" Eliza sniffled. "Were we not good enough?"

"I don't know Eliza, maybe I found someone better," Angelica raised the ring to her face.

Eliza went absolutely still.

Alex's jaw dropped.

Angelica gulped.

John grabbed Alex's hand and squeezed it tightly.

Peggy and Maria smiled softly at each other.

Herc and Laf each grinned knowingly, as if they had seen it coming all along.

Eliza's breaths started to get faster. And faster.

And faster still.

And even faster.

"Eliza, I don't think this is good for the baby, I mean, what if it pops out because of stress?" Alex started to ramble.

Eliza screamed.

Loudly.

High-ly.

Ear piercingly.

Loudly.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Eliza started to dance around. She grabbed John and slapped him in the face. "TREAT HER GOOD, MON AMIGO!"

"Ow, and I'm not Laf and I don't Spanish," John rubbed his cheek as Angelica kissed it.

Eliza grabbed Alex and pushed him next to John. "BROTHERS, FOR REAL, HOW ADORABLE!"

She pushed their heads together. "LOOK AT THEM!" Eliza squished their (face) cheeks. "AWWWW! THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, I MEAN, LIKE, THIS IS WONDERFUL, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, EXCELLENT, BEAUTIFUl! AND YOU KNOW, IN CASE I DIDN'T MENTION IT, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!"

"Liza, I really don't think this is good for the baby," Alex said, this time trying to calm her down.

Eliza danced over to Angie and hugged her... well, more like squeezed the living daylights out of her.

"Oh, dear Lord, I don't think I can breathe," Angelica gasped.

Eliza put her hands on Angie's shoulders as she panted for breath, her nails digging into them in her excitement. "My sister! Married!"

"Engaged." Angelica reminded her.

Eliza smiled weakly. "I never thought there would be someone like John who you'd love!"

"MY BEST FRIEND'S GETTING MARRIED?! WAIT WAIT WAIT, WE NEED A PARTY AND THEN ANOTHER ONE ON TOP OF THAT ONE!" The gravity of the situation had just become clear to Alex.

"Late reaction, much?" Herc sighed, grinning.

Eliza bit her lip. "Wond - wonder - wonder - AHHHHHH!" She started to cry. 

"This is too much, I don't get it! Nothing I ship ever really works out, and now my OTP is getting married? No, no! I mean, Theron and Infinity together didn't work out! I MEAN, IT DID! Sorry, what? I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING!?" 

She started to sob even more. "I love you, Angie! Don't mind me, hormones of a an eggo - what? Preggo woman." She cried into Angie's shoulder. "Oh my gods!"

Then Angelica burst into tears. "I never thought we would get this far, honestly."

John gave Alex a sideways glance as he awkwardly comforted his to-be wife.