Chapter Eight

Yikes. This one's a long one. Mostly because over half of it is basically getting Barry and the Legends up to speed on what's happened between everyone's favorite mayor and alien. I hope Sara is in character, she's the one I'm worried about.

It's the end of Part 1, guys! Enjoy!

***

Iris, Felicity, and Winn were waiting anxiously in the cortex when Barry hurried in. "Iris," he ran to her, and Iris gasped in relief, running to hug him. "I'm so sorry!"

"I know, babe," Iris squeezed him tight. "And I'm fine. The most important thing is that we're both OK." She grinned and gestured to her dress. "And look. Who knew that Monique Lhuiller could survive a gunfight, right?"

Barry chuckled, then cupped her face. "I am going to marry you."

"I know," Iris smiled, kissing him. She frowned, feeling how tense he was. "What's wrong?"

"Something's wrong besides Nazis?" Winn frowned.

Barry scowled. "Black Siren's back."

"She is?" Iris's eyes widened.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this, but oh, thank God," Felicity sighed in relief.

"Hold on, what?" Barry frowned at her.

"Oh, right," Felicity winced. "Some people still don't know that small detail."

"Actually," Lena walked in, tugging her hair out of its bun, "all three of them made an appearance. Laurel even saved Alex from getting skewered by that Prometheus guy."

"I hate that man so much," Felicity scowled. "Please tell me she made his ears bleed."

"Bit hard to tell, considering he's keeping his mask on."

"Will someone please explain why you're referring to evil Laurel as a friend and not a killer," Barry scowled, looking around.

"We will," Iris put a hand on his shoulder. "We just need to wait for the rest of them to show up."

***

"There must be some way to wake him up," Stein looked down at Cisco, who was lying down on the medical bed. "I honestly think the world has gone mad. I never expected to see Malcolm Merlyn again, let alone killing Nazis instead of trying to kill us."

"Yeah, the same with Slade Wilson and Black Siren," Caitlin nodded, looking at her computer screen. "Well, he's got a concussion. It's not too bad, though. He'll be out for a little while."

Stein nodded, then looked at the blue leather jacket Caitlin was wearing. "May I ask why you're dressed like that?"

"Oh," Caitlin looked down at her suit. "I become Killer Frost whenever I'm angry or scared, and something tells me I'm gonna be both of those before this is all over."

Stein smiled slightly. "Astonishing."

***

"So what's the game plan?" Wally asked as he walked into the cortex, followed by Joe, Harry, James, and Thea.

"There is none yet," Barry shook his head. "Whoever attacked us knows who we are, so I think just get Joe and Cecille as far away as possible."

"Oh, no way, man," Wally shook his head. "I have to help out. Come on!"

"You're helping by keeping our family safe," Barry told him.

"He's right," Joe told Wally. "Until we know what these people want, nobody's safe."