Chapter Nine

Hey, guys! On to Part 2 of "Crisis" now! I got a little burnt out after last week, but I'm back, and I'm pretty happy I waited to write this so I could deliver my best.

After all, this chapter's all about Earth-X Prometheus. ;)

Enjoy!

***

"Is there any chance we can have a go at him when you're done?" Laurel asked hopefully as they approached the pipeline.

"If this really is somehow our Prometheus, then knock yourself out," Oliver answered, making Laurel grin. "Kara and I got our chance at him, and he's the one who made you work for him."

Oliver, Kara, and Laurel stopped at the front of the line with Sara, Barry, Malcolm, and Slade behind them. For a moment, both groups stared at each other, then Prometheus turned around, reaching up to push back his hood and remove his mask.

When he turned back around, the blood drained from Malcolm's face and Oliver swallowed hard. "Oh, my God," Laurel's eyes widened.

"Oh, my God what?" Kara asked, looking around at them. "Oliver? Malcolm? Who is he?"

Malcolm swallowed hard. "That's my son."

That made both Slade and Kara whip around to take another look at Tommy Merlyn, who had a small smirk on his face as he watched them. "He died over four years ago," Laurel whispered.

Oliver took a deep breath. "Malcolm and I are gonna need a moment alone with him."

Laurel gave Tommy one last look before turning around and walking off, Sara behind her. Barry left a moment later. Kara squeezed both Oliver's and Malcolm's hands, Slade giving them a nod of encouragement, before they left as well. Oliver and Malcolm exchanged looks before nodding to each other, stepping forward to speak with someone who had both meant so much to them.

***

"Wrong," Laurel pressed her fingers to her temples as she reentered the cortex, everyone else looking up when she entered. "This is just wrong."

"What is?" Thea asked in concern. "Did you find out who he is?"

"We did," Sara confirmed heavily as she and Barry walked in.

"And?" Thea prompted impatiently.

"It's not Adrian Chase," Slade said grimly.

"It's Tommy Merlyn," Kara sighed. "Malcolm's son."

Thea froze. "Tommy?" she whispered, putting a hand over her mouth.

"Your older brother," Felicity swallowed hard.

"This doesn't make any sense," Laurel paced impatiently. "How could Tommy Merlyn be in Prometheus's suit?"

"He's a crony," Mick answered.

"Anachronism," Stein rolled his eyes.

"That's what I said."

"Lately, we've been dealing with anachronisms," Sara explained. "It's people and things displaced throughout time."

"OK, but why would Nazis from 1945 want to crash my wedding?" Iris asked.

"Crab legs," Mick suggested, making Sara tilt her head side to side. "They were delicious."

"No, Iris has a point," James shook his head. "Why a wedding?"

"Yeah, if they're from out of time, why didn't they target the military or law enforcement?" Winn looked around.