Chapter Twenty-Seven

Like I said in the previous chapter - all hell breaks loose.

Enjoy - if you can!

***

Oliver had time to register his girlfriend's scream before he lunged for his arrow again, ignoring the one the Magician had shot into his arm. Overgirl rolled away from him as Black Arrow aimed at him, the Magician and the Terminator coming into view, and Oliver tensed, knowing he couldn't avoid all of them as all three of them fired their weapons at the same time, Kara screaming again –

Hands seized Oliver's shoulders, and Oliver went to throw the person behind him off, only to see red light warp over his entire body, and all three shots went right through him, bouncing or embedding in the wall behind him. Black Arrow balked, backing up, and Winn laughed hysterically in pure relief. "Yes!" he whooped. "Yes!"

"J'onn," Kara whispered weakly.

Oliver spun around in time to see J'onn morph into his Martian form, his eyes narrowed. "Get to her, quickly!" he ordered, taking the arrow from Oliver's shoulder.

Oliver ran with no hesitation, and J'onn flew at the Magician, grabbing him by the wrist and throwing him into the ceiling. The Magician crashed into the lights and collapsed on the ground, out cold. He turned when Black Arrow charged him, dodging the archer's first desperate swing.

Oliver ran to Kara's side as Winn carefully rolled her off him, his girlfriend whimpering as she clutched the ugly wound in her side. "No," he whispered, shaking his head, covering her hand with one as the other cupped her face. "No, Kara, stay with me!"

"Oh, God," Winn blanched.

Oliver looked up to see the Terminator swing his gun in his direction, and he reached for one of his fletchettes, only to wince when the roof caved in above him. Black Arrow and J'onn both flinched as well, and through it, Oliver could hear the sound of gunfire.

Yet, nothing hit him . . . and Winn broke out in hysterical laughter again. "Oh, my God, yes!"

Oliver swatted dust away from his vision, watching in stunned disbelief as Clark grabbed the gun from the Terminator's hand, crushing it to pieces. He rammed his fist into the assassin's gut, and the Terminator went flying into the wall behind him. He turned to Black Arrow, eyes glowing, and Black Arrow narrowed his eyes.

A yellow blur hit Oliver, and he went skidding across the floor, Kara howled in pain, and Winn let out a shocked yelp. Oliver groaned, getting to his knees, looking around. Both J'onn and Clark were in the air, Clark's eyes dimming.

Black Arrow, Overgirl, the Terminator, and the Magician were gone. "Thawne," he seethed.

Palmer grunted as he managed to sit up. "I thought that jerk was supposed to be dead!"

Then Kara made an ugly retching noise, and Oliver's face went completely white when he saw the scalpel buried deep in her stomach. "No!" he ran forward.

"Oh, God, no," Winn swallowed hard.

"Kara," Clark crouched by his cousin's side, smoothing her hair back as Oliver quickly took the scalpel out of Kara's stomach, wincing as the pained moan that left her.

She managed to smile. "I told them you would come," she rasped before coughing again.

"No," Oliver shook his head desperately, seeing blood staining her lips. "Kara, please, stay with us!"

"None of it's Kryptonite," Winn looked around. "The gunshot was a through and through. She was under a red sun, all she needs is the yellow one!"

Clark carefully scooped Kara into his arms and shot through the ceiling, flying high into the sky towards the sun. Oliver ground his teeth, then turned to Winn and J'onn. "Let's go."