Epilogue

And here comes the end of the book. Party time back on Earth-1!

Enjoy the epilogue, everyone!

***

"Well, I'll be damned," Quentin chuckled the next night after he examined the glittering ring on Kara's finger. "It's about time."

"Let's just say I got quite the wake-up call in Central City," Oliver smiled, kissing the top of Kara's head.

"He's not kidding," Thea added from where she and Dinah were gathering wine glasses.

Laurel started coughing suddenly, and as she turned away, Oliver scowled when he heard her cough "Understatement!" He found the TV remote and threw it at her, and it whacked her accurately in the back of the head, making her yelp and making Slade and Malcolm laugh. "Shut up, Siren!"

"Now I'm almost wishing I was there," Dig remarked.

"Trust me, you don't," Curtis shook his head. "Either you got locked in the pipeline – "

"Bad," Dinah quipped.

"Were on the run from Nazi Oliver, Malcolm, and Slade in the vents – "

"Still bad," Felicity nodded.

"Were spending time on Nazi Earth – "

"Really, really bad," Malcolm scoffed.

"Understatement," Slade pointed at him.

"Or were about to get dissected in the lab."

"I win," Kara raised her hand.

"How about let's not discuss how my fiancée nearly died on an operating table?" Oliver looked around.

"I'm not the one engaged to her, and I like hearing you say that," Dig smiled.

"I like saying it," Oliver smiled, kissing Kara.

"Oh, now they're gonna rub it in our faces whenever," Rene scowled at Dig. "Nice going, Hoss."

As Dig raised his hands in surrender, there was a knock on the door, and Kara perked up. "I'll get it!" she went around Oliver and headed for the door.

"You know, kid," Slade walked over to Slade, both of them watching Kara. "I don't think I've ever seen either of you this happy before."

"Well, Barry and Thea right," Oliver smiled. "I got the girl."

"That you did," Slade nodded, chuckling. "Congratulations, kid."

"Thanks, Slade," Oliver smiled at his oldest friend.

Kara opened the door and grinned brightly when she found the rest of the Earth-38 gang on the other side. "Hey, guys!"

"She's smiling," James instantly frowned as Winn blinked. "Why is she smiling that brightly?"

"And why are we here literally a day after we went back?" Lena added.

Alex, however, frowned when she saw the grins J'onn and Clark had. "What do you two know?"

"Well?" Clark asked expectantly.

Kara just squealed and held up her left hand. "Oh, my God!" Lena's eyes flew wide as Alex repeated the squeal, lunging forward and hugging her sister. "You are kidding!"

"About time, man!" Winn grinned as Oliver slipped past the others to join them.

"And here everyone was thinking I was gonna ask her to elope," Oliver snorted.

"I would have killed you," Thea called from the kitchen.

"Seconded!" Slade pointed at her.

"And so would Alex, Clark, J'onn, and probably Eliza," Oliver smirked.

Alex slowly turned to the two other aliens of the group, both of whom were smiling. "You two knew."

"Of course we knew," J'onn chuckled as Clark laughed. "Oliver told us before we left."

"Actually, J'onn was a bit of an eavesdropper," Clark grinned. "Oliver just asked me to make sure he could propose."

"Of course he did," Kara smiled, laying her head on Oliver's shoulder.

"Because he would definitely kill me if I missed a step at all," he snickered.

"Well, congratulations," Lena smiled, hugging them both.

"Thanks, Lena," Kara hugged her back.

"Where's William?" James frowned, looking around.

"Ah," Dinah smirked. "Adults only tonight."

"So why are they here?" Laurel asked with a straight face, pointing over her shoulder.

"Hey!" Slade and Malcolm protested.

"Oh, yes, please," Alex grinned, taking the wine glass handed to her by Thea.

"Well, I guess I'll start off," Oliver smiled as everyone gathered in a circle, wine glasses being passed around. "To all of us, saving the world . . . again, and to having the best teams ever to save it with."

"To all of us being awesome," Kara nodded in agreement.

"But most importantly," Alex grinned, "to these two finally putting a ring on their relationship."

Everyone laughed as Oliver rolled his eyes, Kara giggling into his shoulder. "Come on, all of us knew it was gonna happen," Laurel smirked.

"Slade and Malcolm actually knew for certain first," Oliver admitted, making everyone look at the suddenly smug men. "They just didn't know when. I told John Thanksgiving night, and then I asked Clark. And then, of course, the rest of you."

"How did I never know about this?" Kara looked around, confused. "I have super hearing!"

"There are these wonderful tools called writing and typing," Felicity grinned.

Kara groaned. "Of course."

"Well," Slade smiled, lifting his glass. "Cheers, to Oliver and Kara."

"To Oliver and Kara," everyone else repeated, all of them clinking their glasses together.

Oliver and Kara exchanged smiles, clinking their glasses together. "To life being happy," Oliver repeated her words from before.

Kara smiled and repeated his words back. "To life being full."

***

Happy ending. :)

 . . . but we all know what happens when it gets to the midseason finales. It never sticks, does it?

Thank you guys so much for your support in this book. From adding Slade, Malcolm, Laurel, and Thea to the Earth-X party, to having Slade and Malcolm's evil doppelgängers and the story of BlackOver, to including Winn, James, and Lena, and eventually J'onn and Clark, to the group of heroes, and to every single plot twist I threw your way, you guys have dealt with every evil trick I've pulled on you. Your guys' support means everything, so thank you all.

I'll see you back over in "To Life Being Full" for the midseason finales!

Long live the OTPs!

 ~ Miss Moffat