Chapter Nineteen

The visitors meet the Freedom Fighters, Sara makes a realization, and Oliver gets to be his threatening, overprotective self.

Enjoy!

***

Oliver stepped out of the elevator, followed by the rest of the heroes, Leo, and the prisoner introduced to them as Ray Terrill, looking around at the familiar room. "I guess we're in Earth-X's Star City," he remarked.

"I have to say, that's one hell of a story," Ray eyed them as they walked into the room. "You're a speedster," he pointed at Barry.

"Yeah," Barry nodded, looking around.

"OK," Ray looked between Stein and Jax. "You two turn into the burning man."

"Yup," Jax confirmed.

"You are the evil turned good doppelgänger of the New Reich's most well-known traitor," Ray turned to Laurel.

"I'm still processing that," Laurel muttered, Alex patting her shoulder.

"And you three," Ray turned to Oliver, Slade, and Malcolm, "are the good doppelgängers of the Führer and his top assassins and Reichsmen."

"Of course we would be," Slade snorted.

"I'm still processing the fact you're the Führer," Malcolm grinned at Oliver.

"I'm still processing the fact this Earth even exists," Oliver rolled his eyes. "Back on topic, please?"

"Seconded," Thea raised her hand.

"All right, then," Leo leaned against the table, looking at them. "You still haven't told us which Earth you're from. Clearly, it's not this one."

"Uh, I'm from Earth-38," Alex held up her hand.

"Earth-2," Laurel waved hers.

"And the rest of us are from Earth-1," Barry finished.

Leo's eyebrows shot up. "Earth-1?" he repeated, then looked at Ray. "Well . . . golly."

Jax frowned. "Am I missing something here?"

"I'm from Earth-1, too," Ray explained.

"If you're from our Earth, then you know how we got here, don't you?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, I have a pretty good idea," Ray nodded, reaching behind him for a tablet. "I think you guys . . . " He pulled something up and held the tablet up for them to see. "Came through this."

Slade frowned. "A temporal gateway?"

"It's like a breach, just more stable and larger," Laurel nodded.

"Much larger," Malcolm whistled, impressed.

"So we have a way to get back," Alex smiled.

Oliver nodded. "So where is this thing?"

"It's actually not too far from here," Leo answered.

"22.3 kilometers, to be exact," Ray pitched in.

"Well, we'd drive there," Leo shrugged.

"Good," Oliver looked between them. "So take us to it."

Ray winced, then shook his head. "Can't do that."

Oliver narrowed his eyes, followed by Alex, and Sara looked over when she saw Slade and Malcolm stiffen. "Why?" she asked before any of them could say something they might regret.