The Magic Knight's Entrance Exam

{A/n: ⚠Look, I'm tired of the complaining. I work really hard on this story, and it makes me sad to see people not appreciate it. Before you read, you should know that [Y/n] does join the Black Bulls. People might find it lazy, but I think it's easier to write, and I can prove more chapters for you guys. I'm not talented like the other writers. If you don't like it, please keep your comments to yourself because your comments aren't constructive. Yes, I see and read all of the comments.⚠}

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

"Now, we will begin the Magic Knights Entrance Exam. We will now have you all take several tests. The nine of us will evaluate your performance, and we will select the candidates that we would like to add to our squads. If chosen, you will join that squad. If you're chosen for more than one squad, you may choose which squad you would like to join." Captain Wiiliam explained as [Y/n] held her broom close to her, "One the other hand, those who are no chosen by any captain are no qualified to join the Magic Knights. For the first exam, we will have you get on those brooms and fly. Mages who can control their magical powers should be able to do this instinctively. It is the most basic way for mages to travel. If you can't fly on a broom, you shouldn't be here. All right, begin."

[Y/n] noticed Captain William staring down at her. There was something oddly familiar about him. It was as if she knew him in a distant past. Like a soul that wasn't hers, somewhere deep in her body was crying out to for something. But [Y/n] didn't know what it was. It was sad... a very sad encounter.

Captain William noticed [Y/n], and he smiled. [Y/n] just smiled back and focused of the exam. 'Control your magic, [Y/n]. You can do it!' A voice in her head cheered for her, and [Y/n] began to float in the air. She smiled even more. "This is amazing!" [Y/n] cheered and flew around, "Yuno, look at me." She cheerfully called for her friend as she flew next to him. Yuno smiled.

Suddenly, [Y/n] felt someone bump her. "Oops." It was Ayana. [Y/n] lost her grip and began falling to the ground. "[Y/n]!" Asta ran, ready to catch her. [Y/n] closed her eyes, tight. 'I... I don't need their protection!' [Y/n]'s grimoire opened, and a bright light shined through.

[Y/n]'s body stopped falling right before Asta could catch her. "Huh?" She opened her eyes and noticed that she was floating in the air. Asta was staring at her in awe. [Y/n] looked behind her and saw the little angel wings made of light. They looked real angel wings with feathers and all.

"It can't be..."

"No way...I thought that type of magic no longer existed."

[Y/n] flipped her little wings to steady herself before placing her feet on the ground. Then he wings disappeared. Asta looked at her with sparkles in his eyes. "That was amazing. [Y/n]. How'd you do that?!" He asked.

"I don't really know, honestly." [Y/n] said with a smile while nervously scratching the back of her head.

After various tests, there was one more left. "All right. The next exam shall be the last one. You will engage in combat." Captain William announced.

"You'll be battling! You will pair up and fight with your partner. You may use your grimoires to attack. Fighting is our duty. Show us your strong abilities." Captain Vermillion added.

"As soon as one of you yields, or is unable to fight, the exam will be over. There will be mages who can use healing magic on standby." Captain William finished, and [Y/n] felt someone tap her. She turned to see Ayana. [Y/n] gave her a friendly smile while Ayana looked at the poor girl in disgust.

"Be my partner." Ayana demanded, and [Y/n] nodded. The first fighters were Asta and some other guy. [Y/n] opened her grimoire and studied some of the spells. 'I need to learn how to control my magic. I don't want to hurt anyone.' [Y/n] thought.