Hot Spring

"The Crimson Lion Kings have only ever placed first or second, and you had the nerve to ruin that by coming in fifth!" Mereoleona yelled as her flames intensified, "And just because my vacuous younger brother ended up bedridden? What are you, a bunch of infants?!"

Asta, [Y/n], and Yuno peeked around to corner. "What does 'vacuous' mean?" Asta asked.

"She means 'foolish'." Yuno said.

"Wait, did she say younger brother? Who's it?" Asta asked.

"Captain Fuegoleon." [Y/n] said with a sigh.

"Huh?! Then that scary lady is...Captain Fuegoleon and Leo's older sister?!" Asta said in shock, and [Y/n] gave a deadpanned look.

"The nerve of that fool, Fuegoleon! How dare he raise a bunch of spineless cowards?!" Mereoleona continued to yell, "He has the nerve to stay in bed and leave with a bunch of useless fools like you?! That fool isn't fit to be captain!"

"That's not true! Fuegoleon's a better captain than anyone!" Leopold yelled.

"He's right! Captain Fuegoleon taught us exactly what a true knight should be!"

"Not only is she strict, but he's more passionate about us and this kingdom than anything else! He's the ultimate Magic Knight!"

"You may be my sister, but I will not allow you to ridicule our bro-" Mereoleona punched Leopold in the face. [Y/n]'s eyes widened, and she covered her mouth to prevent a gasp.

"Then quit talking and show me your true strength! Show me that you're the ultimate squad that's been led by the ultimate captain! That giant fool would never die and abandon you or this kingdom! Until he returns, you need to show me just how strong the proud Crimson Lion Kings are! While my vacuous younger brother is gone, I'll whip you all in shape myself."

Everyone was silent for a moment. "Where's your answer?!" She yelled. "Yes, ma'am!" The squad yelled.

Asta's eyes sparkled. "She's so passionate!" He cooed with tears in his eyes.

"She truly is." [Y/n] said.

"She's smothering." Yuno muttered.

"What kind of intense training is waiting for them?"

"All right. Let's go to our hot springs training camp." Mereoleona said.

"Hot springs? A training camp like that sounds super fun!" Asta said.

"It sounds nice." [Y/n] agreed.

"Sounds easy..." Yuno said with a deadpanned look.

"I heard that." A flaming paw grabbed Asta's head. "Then you should come, too." Mereoleona said.

"Uh, something just grabbed me! I mean, I belong to a different squad, and I shouldn't really be following strangers..." Asta said, and Leopold peeked out from behind his big sister.

"Asta! You must want to join because you're my rival!" He said.

"No!" Asta yelled.

"Bye, Asta. I'll see you at the exam. You too, [Y/n]." Yuno said and turned to walk away. "Yuno! Wait, you jerk!" Asta yelled, and Mereoleona grabbed him with her flaming paw.

"You're coming, too." She said. "Hey! That's too out-of-character for Yuno! Take your smothering hand of him!" Bell ranted.

"I don't care about your character." Mereoleona growled, shooting Bell with a ball of fire.

"Bell, be quiet for now. It's even more smothering." Yuno said.

"O-Okay..." Bell sighed.

"There's no escaping once my sister has her paws on you. She's a hidden power who stayed behind the scenes only because she had no interest in fighting or politics." Leopold explained, "But if she were to fight, she'd probably be even stronger than Fuegoleon. She's the Uncrowned, Undefeated Lioness, Mereoleona Vermillion!"