Star Festival

[Y/n] stood nervously while the maids of the castle fitted her into dresses and trimming her hair. "Is this all really necessary?" [Y/n] asked, and Albern, who was leaning against the door, nodded. "You'll be presented in front of the whole kingdom, representing your father. It is necessary for you to look presentable." He said.

One of the maids reached to take off [Y/n]'s necklaces, but [Y/n] grabbed her hand and glared harshly. "Touch them and you die." She threatened, and the woman backed away. "But, what if I want to join the festival? I don't want others to kneel to me when I'm trying to have a good time with my friends." [Y/n] continued talking to Albern.

"I'll make sure you have a change of clothes before leaving." Albern said, and [Y/n] smiled. "Thank you." She said.

After being fitted into a dress, [Y/n] decided to take a walk around the castle. She ended up at the castle's library. [Y/n] walked inside to see portraits of all of the Clover Kingdom's rulers. It started with Benett and ended with [Y/n]'s family painting.

[Y/n] was mesmerized by how beautiful her mother and how much [Y/n] looked like her. As [Y/n] looked closer, she could see that her mother had pointy ears had been hidden under her long [h/c] hair. "She was beautiful, wasn't she?" Albern's voice made [Y/n] jump a bit.

"Yes, she was." [Y/n] said, "I wish I could have met her."

"You act so much like her. It amazes me." Albern said as he walked closer to [Y/n].

"What was she like?" [Y/n] asked, and Albern smiled a bit.

"She...was beautiful inside and out. She was kind, compassionate, and strong. She was the best queen this kingdom has ever had. Unfortunately, she...perished after giving birth to you." Albern said, and [Y/n]'s eyes saddened, "I came looking for you because the king would like to speak with you."

[Y/n] nodded and followed Albern out of the library. They walked down various hallways to make it to the king's room. Albern knocked on the door. "It's Albern, your Majesty." He said, and they heard a faint 'come in'. The two walked into the room.

"Ah, my daughter." He said while laying across two women's laps on his bed. He sat up and looked down at them. "I wanted to speak to you about your behavior for the upcoming-" He finally noticed her appearance.

King Augustus glared. "What happened to your hair?" He growled, "You've completely ruined your elegant look. The kingdom will think I'm raising a gamine (boyish girl)!" [Y/n] nervously looked at Albern, who sighed. "We had no choice but to cut it." Albern said.

"Then find her something different to wear. Something more elegant and princess-like to drive attention away from that boyish hair. Now, about your behavior during the festival, don't embarrass me. Julius already takes all of the attention from me. I don't need you doing it, too." King Augustus said, aggressively, "That is all. Make sure not to dress her in anything green. That's my color. You may leave."

[Y/n] and Albern left the room, and Albern sighed again. "Is there something really wrong with my hair?" [Y/n] asked while scratching her head.

"No. You're beautiful. The king is just being difficult." Albern said, "Follow me, please." He led the way back to [Y/n] room.

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

[Y/n] stared longingly out of the window as the two maids adjusted a few things on her dress. The sun was setting, and [Y/n] was still trying on dresses. She was sure the festival had started by now because of the fireworks that were being shot in the air. Her father was being really difficult when it came to [Y/n]'s look. Albern was getting frustrated with the king as well.