Thea and the Magic Knights pt. 1

Ever since [Y/n] was very young, she's never felt lonely or alone. She always thought it was because she had Yuno and Asta by her side.

But, that wasn't the case at all. It was like there was another soul that dwelled within her, keeping her soul company.

[Y/n] never paid any mind to this feeling because she thought it was just her childish imagination. That was until...she heard it speak...

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Licht and Yami stood, facing each other while [Y/n] and Asta stared in awe. "Hey, brats. Were you watching that?" Captain Yami asked.

"Y-Yes, sir!" Asta and [Y/n] said.

"Good. Now try the same thing." Yami said.

"Y-Yes, sir!" Asta said while [Y/n] looked confused, "Wait...Like I could actually do that! Of course, I can't!"

"Oh? Who do you think you're talking to?" Yami questioned while gripping Asta's head.

"But...Captain Yami, I'm low on magic." [Y/n] said while looking down in disappointment. Yami gripped her head as well.

"Huh? So? Surpass your limit, moron. I told you two to do it, so do it." Yami said and his grip tightened. "Ow, ow, ow. That hurts!" They complained while squirming. "That'll make you a bigger man." Yami said.

'But I'm a girl!' [Y/n] thought, and Yami let them go.

[Y/n] rubbed her head and smiled a bit. Even after finding out that [Y/n] was the princess of Clover Kingdom, Captain Yami never treated her differently from the others. She actually liked it.

"Light Recovery Magic: Healing Light Particles." Licht said, and [Y/n]'s eyes widened.

"That's one of my spells!" [Y/n] said in shock.

"I haven't seen it much in person, but apparently, guys loved by mana can use all sorts of magic. It's especially rare for an attack-type to be able to heal. Much like [Y/n]." Yami explained, "Anyway, get ready."

"No, really! I can't! Not in the middle of fighting! I can't even use magic!" Asta complained.

"I don't mean the last attack I did. I'm saying the thing I did before that, idiot." Yami said while blocking attacks.

"I can't block attacks I can't see!" Asta yelled.

"You're hopeless. I'll explain it just this once. You'll have to pay me 500 yuls later." Yami said, "The reason I've been able to react to the attacks is because of something called 'ki' from back in my homeland."

"Ki? Not mana?" Asta questioned.

"Yeah. People looking at you, the sound of their breathing, their smell, the motion of their muscles, the vague sense that they're there. Ki is a blanket term for all of the different types of life energy, the human body emits. I read that ki and predicted his next move then made them mine. You've done it before, haven't you, kid?" Yami asked Asta, "When I do it, I combine it with magic and muscle, and fight that way." Yami continued to block attacks. "I guess it's like being a magic swordsman or something."

"Muscles! So that's why your neck's so thick, Captain Yami!" Asta cheered.

"Like you can talk, kid." Yami muttered, and [Y/n] suddenly felt light-headed. The pendant was sucking up so much mana that it was being to get harder for [Y/n] to move. [Y/n]'s eyes rolled back, and she fell to the ground.

'[Y/n]...'

"Thea..."

Thea slowly opened her eyes. She was laying in a grassy field in the warm sun. It was mid-summer. "You know, it's dangerous to sleep in an open field like this." Lumiere came into view with scared Thea.