Get Ready for Battle!

"I thank you for coming, my rival!" Leopold greeted Asta, Noelle, and [Y/n] as they walked into Fuegoleon's room. They came to the Crimson Lion's headquarters to check on Fuegoleon's condition. "I heard from my sister that you three passed the Royal Knights Exam."

"Yeah! We're finally gonna take down the Eye of the Midnight Sun!" Asta cheered.

"We're leaving in three days. We're standing by at the royal capital until then so the information won't be leaked." [Y/n] said. Leopold's eyes softened. "I see."

[Y/n] noticed his weird behavior. 'He must be really upset that he didn't make it.' [Y/n] thought. "Um, how's Fuegoloen doing?" Noelle asked.

"He's still asleep. We still don't know what happened to him when he was captured by the Eye of the Midnight Sun during their attack on the royal capital. Whatever they did, I'm sure it was underhanded. Yet, even then, my brother would say...'The reason I was unable to defeat them was my own weakness.' I will train harder, catch up to all of you, and surpass you..."

"Leopold..." Noelle said.

[Y/n]'s eyes softened as she smiled a little. "I look forward to seeing you grow. I'll be cheering you on every step of the way." She said, and Leopold smiled at her.

"I will make you proud, My Goddess." He said.

"I will get revenge for Captain Fuegoleon, no matter what! Captain Fuegoleon didn't laugh at my dream to become the Wizard King. He even called me his rival. The reason I am here right now is because of Captain Fuegoleon." Asta said.

"Me too. His words helped me grow stronger." Noelle said, and [Y/n] nodded in agreement.

"Nozel-san!" She called out to him, causing them to stop. "I swear to you, I will find who did this to Fuegoleon and make them pay a hundredfold." [Y/n] said with a determined look, "You can call me 'Peasant Princess' all you want, but I will give my all as a Magic Knight to protect this kingdom. And I'll use my magic power as the princess of Clover Kingdom to watch over and avenge those who serve me. That includes you, too. I hate you and the Silva family for hurting Noelle, but I respect you as a fellow Magic Knight."

"I made a vow after the Royal Captial was attacked, and I intended to keep." [Y/n] said, "We'll average, Captain Fuegoleon."

"Noelle, [Y/n], Asta, I'm counting on you!" Leopold said.

"Yeah! For the sake of returning peace to this country..."

"...we'll defeat the Eye of the Midnight Sun!" They said in unison.

Leopold smiled and nodded at them. "Next time, let's fight together, Leo!" Asta said.

"Of course! Be careful." Leopold said.

[Y/n] smiled and gave Leopold a hug. The male was shocked for a moment then he wrapped his arms around the princess, embracing her tight. He buried his face in her neck taking in her scent for the last time.

"Stay safe, my love." Leopold muttered.

"You too." [Y/n] said and let him go.

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

"I hope Captain Fuegoleon and Finral both wake up soon." Asta said as they walked out of the Crimson Lion's headquarters, and [Y/n] nodded.

"Not to mention... The eerie feeling I got from that mana. The Eye of the Midnight Sun might be behind that." Noelle said.

[Y/n] places her hand on her pointed ears. "We have to defeat them." She said.

"But there's something that's been bugging me? You remember what that hairy gorilla said? For some reason, they can't forgive us, either. We're fighting each other because we can't forgive each other. And I mean, if we could forgive each other, we wouldn't have to fight. So that means...." Asta said and hummed. He was thinking too hard. "Even I have no idea what I'm trying to say!"