Never Again

Owen sat in [Y/n]'s room at the medical ward. She was brought there by Vanessa. Suddenly, Owen heard screaming. "Sounds like the lively bunch has arrived." He muttered and stood up. Yami walked through the halls with Asta's head in his hands.

"Are you just not satisfied unless you're fighting something? Huh? Is that what's wrong with you?" Yami asked while Asta continued to kick and scream in pain. "Well, whatever. You fought despite how broken you are. Have him take a look at you and your head." Yami continued while walking into a room.

"I think my head's being affected more now than it usually is!" Asta yelled. "Hey, Yami. Come on in." Owen said while sitting on a chair with tea on the table in front of him.

"Who are you?" Asta asked.

"This guy, who looks completely out of place in this tower, is the kingdom's best quack doctor. You might've gathered that from how he looks." Yami explained.

"That's rude." Owen said. "He managed to reattach one of my arms after it almost fell off before, so he's a great recovery mage. Have him check you out." Yami said and threw Asta.

"I'm gonna get even more injured!" Asta yelled, and Owen chuckled.

"Are you all right?" Owen asked, "I'm Owen, a recovery mage who works directly under the Wizard King. Pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Asta! Thanks for seeing me!" Asta said.

"I hear all about you when I go out drinking with Yami." Owen said. "Really?!" Asta questioned. "Yeah, I heard that you can nullify magic. Who knew such magic existed?" Owen said, and Asta's eyes sparkled.

"Welp, I've got something I gotta take care of. I've got a good feeling that I'm gonna win today." Yami said while walking out. "You're going gambling, aren't you?" Owen questioned.

"May Lady Luck be with you!" Asta cheered.

"Jeez...Yami's younger than me, but he's much bolder. It's irritating. He's not a bad guy, though." Owen said, and Asta nodded in agreement. "Yup!"

"Well, have a seat." Owen said, and Asta sat down.

Owen pulled out his grimoire. "Now, then...Let's see." He muttered. "Water Recovery Magic: Qualle Operation." Jellyfishes made of water surrounded them, and Owen took a look at Asta's arms.

"Wow...they got you good. But don't you worry. My spell sees through the body of the person it envelops, so I can get a clear look at the affected area and heal it with precision." Owen explained, "Yami's amazing, but you've got some amazing muscles yourself."

"I work out!" Asta said.

"Now for some mana to promote healing..." Owen said and his eyes widened a bit.

"Asta..." He muttered and took off his glasses, "It looks like some kind of ancient curse has been placed upon them. On top of that, the bones are shattered. I'm very sorry, but I won't be able to heal you with the magic I have now."

Asta's eyes widened then he remembered that [Y/n] was struck with the same magic. "W-What about my friend, [Y/n]?" Asta asked, and Owen had a saddened look.

"There were claw markings stabbed right in her abdomen, and the same curse was placed on her body. I'm terribly sorry, but...she may never wake up." The world around Asta seemed to fade. Little did they know that Finral was listening in on their conversation.

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

That afternoon, Asta exited the medical ward to see Finral waiting for him outside. "Oh, hey, Finral. Sorry to keep you waiting." Asta said.