Adversity

The zombies started dropping like flies, but [Y/n] could still hear yelling. [Y/n] looked to see that Leopold was still fighting one of Rades' demons. Although she didn't know him very well, [Y/n] still worried about Leopold. That slug contradicted with his fire. "Flame Magic: Ignis Columna!" Leopold used his intense fire to burn the demon to a crisp. There was still something off about everything that was happening. There was a worrying tightness in [Y/n] chest that they were overlooking something major.

"How'd you like that?! I made him evaporate with intense firepower!" Leopold announced.

[Y/n] smiled, "He did it!" She cheered as Leopold stood proudly. Asta looked in awe then he winced in pain. "Ow..." He muttered, and [Y/n] turned her attention to Asta. "Are you alright, Asta? Let me heal you." [Y/n] said and placed her Healing Crucifix on Asta back. Leopold was a little jealous that he wasn't receiving [Y/n]'s attention anymore.

"Excellent! Well done!" Fuegoleon praised, "You are definitely a man worthy of leading this country!"

"Yes, sir!" Noelle and Leopold said and saluted.

Fuegoleon looked at Rades, making Rades a bit scared. "I-Impossible...Impossible! I've got as much magic as a royal! I..."

Fuegoleon walked closer to Rades. "Flame-Binding Magic: Leo Palma!" Flaming lion claws come from the ground and restrained Rades.

"L-Let me go!" Rades struggled as he dropped his grimoire, "I'm still...Damn it! Damn it!"

"There are many questions I'd like to ask you." Fuegoleon said, "But before that, I'll be confiscating your grimoire." The lion palm picked up and handed the grimoire to Fuegoleon. "Don't touch my grimoire!" Rades protested.

"What is this grimoire?" Fuegoleon questioned while examining the grimoire.

"S-Stop it!"

Fuegoleon opened the grimoire and only found one page in it. "There's only one page."

"Stop! Don't look at it! Don't you dare look down on me!" Rades continued to yell.

"Who's gonna look down on you?" Asta questioned and started limping towards Rades with his sword. [Y/n] panicked. "A-Asta, you're not fully healed." [Y/n] said, but Asta ignored her.

"Couldn't you think of any other way to get people to acknowledge your power?" Asta growled as he glared, "You have amazing magic, and you were strong enough to claw your way up...It's such a waste."

"Asta is right..." [Y/n] said, walking over to Asta, "I'm sorry that you were kicked out of the Magic Knights because of your rare magic, but to retaliate like this... it's a disgusting use of your magic." [Y/n] said and took a deep breath. Being transformed for this long is taking a toll on [Y/n]'s body, but she had to push through it.

"Here." [Y/n] said and held out her arm to Asta, "Stop moving until you're fully heal, Bakasta."

"What you lacked to overcome adversity...was a righteous heart. Pay for your crimes." Fuegoleon said.

"Are you satisfied now?" [Y/n] and Asta heard a voice. "It was impossible for you to beat the captain on your own after all."

"I-It's not impossible..." Rades muttered, "I..."

"The sheer volume of your magic isn't enough! I'm also reaching my limit. You're through acting on your own. From now on, things are going to go as planned. All for our master."

[Y/n] eyes widened. She felt the mana of the Magic Knights suddenly disappear. "What the..."

"The Magic Knights' mana..." Noelle muttered.