Fear

Andys POV
We were just in the house giving eachother dares when Jack decides to vlog us doing dares. "Ok Andy truth or dare?" I looked over at Brooklyn and smiled at him. "Dare" I said as he gave me a evil smile. Oh god... "I dare you... to eat a raw egg." He said and everyone started to laugh. I just looked at him like he had eyes growing out of his forehead. "Really.." Is all that I could say. Brooklyn just nodded and laughed. "I will grab the egg" Mikey said as he ran out of the living room and went into the kitchen.Rye (who were sitting next to me) rapped his arm around me and whispered in my ear "Dont worry." Which made me smile. Mikey ran into the room with the egg in one hand and a shot glass in the other. Brilliant... Mikey cracked the egg into the shot glass and gave it to me. I just looked at it with a look of disgust. "3...2...1...DRINK!" Brooklyn shouted and pushed the shot glass into my mouth and I swallowed it all at once. I was gagging really badly. It was disgusting! "Urgh... Its disgusting!!! I think I am going to be sick!!" I shouted as I felt Rye rubbing my back.

5 minutes later (After i had swallowed the raw egg and I had stopped gagging)

"Ok... Rye? Truth or Dare?" Jack asked as he looked at Rye with the same smile evil smile that Brooklyn gave me. "Dare" Rye said with his cute innocent smile. The whole room went silent as Jack thought for a moment. "Ok lets go outside" He said. We all looked at eachother with a confused look. But we didn't question it. As we got up Jack lead the way, followed by Brook and Mikey and me and Rye were at the back holding hands. We walked out the house and to the side of the building to where a ladder to the roof was. I looked at the ladder then looked at Rye he looked up at the ladder and squeezed my hand tighter. I squeezed it back to show him I was there. Rye told me his biggest fear was heights. He only told me a couple of days ago even though we had been going out for nearly 3 months now. I remember how after he told me. He was embarrassed and he felt really bad. Rye looked at me and smiled "Hey it might not even be that" He said with a smile. "Ok Rye... I want you to climb up this ladder, on to the roof and then do a back flip on the roof and come back down" I looked over at Rye he kept a blank expression on his face. I am worried about him.

Ryes POV
I froze... This is my worst nightmare. I could tell Andy was looking at me with a worried look on his face. "Rye?" I heard Brooklyn say. I put on the biggest fake smile that I could muster and walked over to where the ladder is. I looked up and saw how far up it was... I looked at the boys then at Andy with a scared look on my face.  I couldn't tell the boys about my fear. They would think I am stupid for having a childish fear. I sighed. "3...2...1...Climb!!" Mikey shouted as I began to climb on the ladder.

I closed my eyes and get whispering "Everything will be ok.. Everything will be ok... Everything will be ok" I opened my eyes and took a deep breath. Maybe this isn't so  bad. I looked down to see how far I had got. As soon as I looked down my fear hit me like being hit on the face with a frying pan. I felt my head start spinning but I didn't feel dizzy. I was half way up the ladder but I could do it, it was to much. "Come on Rye!" I heard Jack shout from below. But I couldn't move. I wanted to get down I was now shaking And I just wanted to be in Andy's arms. "Andy..." I muttered as I held on for dear life. But I heard no response. "Andy!" I shouted as I felt myself tear up. Now the boys are going to think I am weak and pathetic.

Andy's POV
As soon as I heard Rye call my name I knew that he couldn't go any  further. "Rye babe do you want to get down?" I yelled up to him as I walked towards the ladder. "But he hasn't completed the dare" Brooklyn said and Jack and Mikey agreed. Should I tell them? I looked up at Rye who looked like he was shaking. "Andy please get me down" I heard him yell as he tried to make his way back down the ladder. The boys were looking at me and Rye weirdly so I guess I will have to tell them. "Look Rye is very scared of heights and I think he is having some sort of attack or scare or something so we need to get him down." Mikey, Jack and Brooklyn all looked at me then back at Rye. They nodded and we all looked at the boy. " Rye baby, you come down if u want... If you cant then I could try and help you down?" I yelled up. He stood there for a minute then started to slowly make his way down the ladder. I t took a good couple of minutes but he finally back on the solid ground. As soon as he was in arms length with me he ran into my arms and hugged me. I could feel him shaking and crying on my shoulder. "I am sorry.." He said not to loud but loud enough for everyone to hear. "Its ok Rye but why didn't you tell us that you afraid of heights?" Brooklyn asked sounding  a bit hurt as one of his friends didnt tell him about there biggest fear. Rye lifted his head up and said "Because I thought you guys would think I was acting childish" He looked down to the floor. "Rye we would never think that. You are a amazing person and dont you ever forget that" Mikey said as Rye looked up with a smile but you could still see that he was a little shaken by what just happened. "Lets go home" Jack said as we went back to the  house.

1Am (Hours after the ladder)

Me and Rye were in my bed watching stranger things. Rye had now calmed down and we were cuddling in bed. I was starting to fall asleep When I felt Rye kiss my cheek. Which made me smile. "Thank you for today." He said as he turned off the tv and leaned on my chest. "Its ok baby" I said as I kissed his forehead and started playing with his hair. "Love you " I muttered and then fell asleep.

I hope you liked the new one shot. I just wanted to say that I know that nearly all the one shots I have written so far have nearly got the same ending. I will try and change it next time. I hope everyone is having a great day!