Chapter 32

I open my eyes to see Bloom besides me. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, as she trembles. Her transformation was gone, and she has a scared yet sad expression on her face. Like her, I wasn't strong enough to deal with them. I look down, realizing that I was in my normal outfit.

I slowly get to my feet, as disappointment completely fills me

I slowly get to my feet, as disappointment completely fills me. "Bloom, I'm so sorry," I say sadly, lowering my head in defeat. "I-I failed to protect you..." Tears roll down my cheeks, as I pull my knees to my chest. Why am I so weak?

"Aqua..." She says softly, trying to support me. I pull away, having a stern look on my face. I have to get stronger. I'm so weak and pathetic. I cannot let myself be defeated again.

"I'm so sorry, Bloom," I say, studying her. "I will get stronger and never lose again. I promise." I get to my feet, before summoning my magic orb and teleporting back to Alfea. I rush to Ms. Faragonda's office, having Bloom on my tail. By the time we arrived, she was surprised to see us.

"Hello, dears."

"Ms. Faragonda, please teach me some ancient spells or something," I beg. "I-I couldn't protect her..." I start to sob, as Bloom wraps her arms around me. "I-I couldn't stop the Trixs from taking the dragon flame..."

Her flash dangerously. "The dragon flame?"

I nod lightly, wishing that I was stronger. "Please send me somewhere to get stronger," I request. "I feel like I disappointed everyone." She intently stares at me, before handing me a book.

"Aqua, this book will improve your spells, and once you're finished with it, come and get the next book," she instructs. I nod lightly, feeling motivated to improve. I won't fail anyone ever again!

Once we return to our dorm, all of the winx were very concerned. Musa and Flora approach me, trying to start a conversation. I wasn't in the mood to talk to them. "She's blaming herself for the trixs attacking us and taking my powers," Bloom explains, as my face hardens.

"It is my fault!" I proclaim, clenching my fists in desperation. "If I wasn't so weak, then the trixs wouldn't have stolen your powers and—" Bloom wraps her arms around me. I freeze in place, as tears stream down my cheeks. Maybe, losing will teach me something.

"Aqua, do you remember what I said after they stole Stella's ring?" Bloom asks, as I stare at her with wide eyes. "They may have scored a goal, but the game isn't over yet." I smile lightly. She's right. I should have known she was. But, apart of me knew that my powers were quite possibly our last and final hope.