Chapter 39

I sigh in relief, being happy to be back in my dorm. It feels like it has been forever. "I'm going to try once more," Flora says, hovering her hands over Merta. "Then, I'll let you try, Aqua." I nod lightly, hoping that she can be successful this time.

Flora squeezes her eyes shut, as she starts to do an extremely powerful spell. A bright light comes from her hands, making everyone flinch and cover their eyes. "Ahh!!" Stella yelps in surprise.

I chuckle. "I didn't know the fairy of the sun could be blinded so easily," I tease, as Musa and Tecna burst out laughing. The light dies away, as the pumpkin was gone. My eyes widen, as fear forms in the pit of my stomach.

Is Merta gone? Instead of being correct, Merta appears right next to Flora, with a big smile on her face. "Thank you so much, Flora!" She states eagerly. "I am so happy!" All of us cheer, as Merta smiles.

She was amazing, and I am so proud of her. That's a sign of a true fairy. We walk downstairs, preparing for anything. That's when some nymphs fly towards us. "Icy, Darcy, and Stormy are coming with a huge army," one of them states. "It's an army like we've never seen before."

I sigh, knowing what must be done. I have to give Bloom a special necklace that makes her immune to my powers, which means that I can use my magic to the best of my ability. "Stella, please help me out," I say, intently staring at her. "I need a necklace for Bloom."

She nods lightly, before making a necklace with a fire emblem on it. "Why do you need it?" Stella questions. She arches a brow, as I stare at the ground and hope it's not too suspicious.

"It will help her in battle," I lie. She nods, before handing it to me and walking away. Now, I have to use a strong spell that contains some of my real powers. I sigh, before closing my eyes and sending my true powers into the necklace. That's enough.

Once Bloom returns, I have to give this to her. "Aqua, what are you doing?" A voice comes from behind. "Is that the only way that you can protect Bloom from your own power?"

I nod. "Yeah, Alex."

"That's a good idea," he compliments, nodding in my direction. "I am happy. Guess what? I have a girlfriend." I roll my eyes in annoyance. Of course he does. He gets girlfriends too easily, and I bet he wants to play with her and then ditch her.

"Is it just a fling?" I ask, eyeing him carefully. He shakes his head no, as I stare at him in astonishment. A genuine smile forms on his face, as he nervously scratches the back of his head. "I hope it will last, and I will do anything for her," he admits. "Here she comes."

I look over my shoulder in that direction, as Rena approaches us. She smiles at me. "Aqua, it's so nice to see you," she states, intently staring at me. "You look different, but—" Stella stands to my right, eyeing Rena carefully.

"Aqua, Ms. Faragonda needs everyone right now," she states, as I follow her. The headmistress is making a huge speech, saying that we need to defeat the Trixs and how it's the final battle. She is correct. We need to win this next battle no matter what.