Chapter 34

By the time it was over, we were completely exhausted. Our energy was drained, and I kept worrying about my brother. The headmistress summons us to her office, telling us that Bloom was our final hope and how she needed to regain her dragon flame.

"I am sending you to Domino," she states. I purse my lips in concentration, knowing that I couldn't go quite yet. I shake my head no. As much as I want to go, I need to help my brother. Although he's trained, he must be in danger. "Headmistress, I need to go to Red Fountain," I say sharply, as she raises her eyebrows in astonishment. "I have to go and help my brother. They must be in trouble."

She sighs heavily. "Aqua, you are the greatest asset we have right now," Ms. Faragonda says, as I meet her gaze. "Use your powers wisely, and make sure nothing happens to them."

I nod. "Thank you, headmistress."

"Okay. Bloom, Tecna, Stella, Flora, Musa, you will go to Domino," she says sternly, as they nod. "Aqua, you know what to do. Girls, I wish you the best."

"I'm leaving now," I state, hoping the new spells I've learned will help me save Red Fountain. I stare at the fairies of Alfea, who look completely frightened. I bet they were terrified of the creatures that attacked us out of nowhere.

"Aqua..." A voice comes from behind, as Stella and Bloom stand there. Bloom scrunches her brow in concern, as Stella wraps her arms around me. "Are you sure about this?" Stella questions, as my face softens.

I nod lightly. "My brother is undoubtedly a playboy, but I still care for him," I admit, with a warm smile on my face. "I really love you girls, but I need to help my brother. Maybe, I'll see y'all sooner than you think." I wink at them and chuckle to myself, as Stella nods in my direction.

"I just wanted to let you know that we'll miss you," Bloom says. "Even so, good luck and do your best! We hope to see you soon." I hug both of them, before turning away and preparing to transform.

"Aqua, Magic winx!"

"Good luck, Aqua!" Bloom calls, as I wave good bye and start to fly away

"Good luck, Aqua!" Bloom calls, as I wave good bye and start to fly away. I hope that I can protect Red Fountain. I fly towards the school, spotting them fighting some of the creatures from earlier. "Water lilies!" I yell, destroying most of the army attacking them. I land on the ground before them, as everyone stares at me in astonishment.

"Aqua!" Alex states, as a smirk curves on my lips. "What are you doing here?" I nod in his direction, as Salledon, the headmaster of Red Fountain approaches me.

"What are you doing here, young fairy?" He questions, as a creature of darkness scurries towards me. I smirk, staring at the creature through the corners of my eyes. "Magic orb!" I declare, summoning my magic orb. "Make all of these creatures disappear!"

All of them vanish, being incapable of replicating. "She did it!" Alex cheers, along with the other specialists. I never could've pictured this. Did I just save them with my orb? Although this was a new spell, I'm surprised it didn't drain me.

I glance all around. "We have to prepare for the next attack," I say sharply, placing my hands on my hips. "While the other members of the Winx Club are at Domino to help Bloom regain her powers, I must do my best to try and save Red Fountain." That's when I spot the trixs hovering above the school.

"Look what the cat dragged in," Icy mocks, as I fly towards them. "The pathetic water fairy. Recovered from your loss yet?" I shoot her a glare and charge at them. Stormy nods in Icy's direction, sending a bunch of tornados at me.

"Cancel!" I yell, raising my hands into the air and watching the tornados disappear like they once did. "What did I tell you? It won't work on me." Stormy groans furiously, as she meets my gaze. That's when I realize that Icy is freezing the entire school.

"Withdraw!" A professor demands. I nod lightly and lower my head in defeat, wishing that I could've done more for them. I follow them into a hovercraft, before resting my head on my hands. My brother sits to my right, with a look of defeat on his face. "I couldn't even fight good," he grumbles, staring at the ground.

I intently stare at him. Maybe, there's a way to cheer him. "Hey, look on the bright side," I say softly. "There's a bunch of fairies where we're going." He fakes a smile and rolls his eyes, as I raise my eyebrows in astonishment.

"I don't blame you for thinking I'm only a playboy that cares about hurting girls' feelings," he points out. "But, you don't realize that I have real feelings too." That's when I realize that I made the dumbest mistake of my life. "It's my fault," he adds, as I recall thinking like that a few hours ago.

"Alex, there's only so much you can do," I say in a reassuring tone, as he shrugs his shoulders. "Don't be too hard on yourself. That's what I do. If I mess up and am not perfect, then I'm hard on myself. Please don't do that." He turns to look at me, as his face softens.

"Thanks, Aqua," he murmurs, before giving me a hug. We pull into Alfea, as he stares down at the school with a hopeful expression. I bet he's excited. As for me, I'm relieved to be back here.