Eff Your Beauty Standards

In my quest for a healthy outlook, I found several people online,
Bloggers and models, all amazing, promoting body confidence for all.
With a moto I loved and a clear message, that I feel we should all be sending,
It shouldn't matter what size you are, large, medium or small.

You'd be forgiven for thinking, that they have self assurance in spades.
Fully accepting of their bodies and working to help others achieve the same.
And whilst this is absolutely their goal, I'm continually appalled at the gall,
Of some horrid creatures online, who's only purpose is to troll.

They find it perfectly acceptable, to comment on pictures with bile,
About how disgusted they are, so full of contempt, just vile.
Why the hell would you follow a model, if her shape was repulsive to you,
Then pound the keyboard with hateful fingers, spreading your toxic point of view.

I am always incredibly proud of these females, who respond with exceptional dignity.
Way more than their assailant deserves, not sure I could be so calm, if it was me.
But they respond with such class, then hit the block button without delay.
I'll never understand why some people, think they have a right to act this way.

One shocking question was asked recently, to one of the bloggers in question,
"How did it feel to be in, a mixed weight relationship!".
I never knew such a thing even existed, this beautiful girl is only size 18,
Are we supposed to only fall in love with someone, who shares the same size of jeans?

Let's do our upmost to ensure, these people get the message loud and clear.
Give them the one fingered salute and help them understand their negativity,
Has no place in this world, no one needs their mindless bigotry,
And tell them "Eff Your Beauty Standards", for they do not apply to me.

Trolling is sadly a huge part of social media and definitely one of the most negative impacts on young people today.  Never allow these thoughtless comments get you down.  Delete.  Block.  Remove.  Don't allow them to change how you feel about yourself.  The people who matter would never make these sort of comments and the people who would make them, certainly do not matter.  

Images: Top - searched online - from lovelivegrow

Images: Top - searched online - from lovelivegrow.com

Images: Bottom - searched online - source unknown