🦇6🦇 Layne???

I pull up to Stars house which is a one story all level brick house decorated in rustic furnishing. Thank goodness for that compared to my house, it's a two story log cabin home and the stairs can be a hassle. Plus the wall mounts of various taxidermy animal hangings can be intimidating and scary.

I ring doorbell 3 times, knowing Star she probably has the earphones in her ears.

Damn I'm gonna have to call her.
Ring, ring she answers. Hey bitch I'm at your front door ringing your doorbell and knocking on your door like a madwoman.

Hahaha!!! Be right there beauty queen bitch!!!

It's about time. Hey Star we need to go downtown Seattle underground or some kind of bars and be back within a reasonable time so my dad doesn't get mad.

Remember that guy Layne I was telling you about. Yeah. My mom said he went into seclusion a couple of years ago and went underground. So let's go tonight and see if we can find him or someone who might know him or something.

______________*****_____________

As evening time approaches we make our two hour drive from Aberdeen destination downtown Seattle. Hopefully with the way I'm dressed and Star which she is wearing a black leather jacket, leather pants, black Dr.Martins and a red top underneath hopefully we will have some luck.

I hope we can get into a bar somehow. If there's one thing Star is not afraid of is to speak her mind and be provocative when she has to.

We arrive and find a bar called Blue Oyster. Once we walk inside it's pretty dark with neon beer lights here and there. We make our way to the bar. Immediately Star shows her flirtatious smile and starts flirting with the bar tender, who is wearing all black and has long blonde hair in a ponytail. He is somewhat cute.

Her flirtatious attitude works.
What will y'all beautiful ladies like to drink he asked?

Star answers whiskey sour, I order Blue Hawaiian.
I remember cause my crazy cousin Vanessa gave me some when I was 8 years old.

It tasted like coconut snow cone to me. I was laughing all night long, my parents were wondering what the hell was wrong with me. Hahaha!!! One of my best childhood memories.

After some introductions and conversation we find out his name is Jerry. I asked him if he knew a guy named Layne Staley?

Yeah I do actually, which surprised the hell out of us. Well do you know where we could find him?

How do you know him? He asked I could tell he was a little reluctant. So I put it out there that my parents and Layne knew each other and had been long time friends, we just haven't seen him in a while.

After a few minutes he said he hangs out at a bar called Mother Love Bone. It's about two streets over you can't miss it. He also said we could find him towards the back of the bar in a corner. Thanks Jerry we both said. Star and him exchanged phone numbers we left.

______________*******_____________

We find the bar called Mother Love Bone, once we get inside you can instantly see neon beer signs here and there, its kind of dark in here, clouds of smoke everywhere. On the jukebox they are playing Avenged Sevenfold Nightmare song. I've always loved that video.

We make our way towards the back in the corner and find someone. Layne? I asked, he didn't say anything. He was dressed all in black his face looked pale white, blonde hair, and he wore dark black sunglasses.

My subconscious is thinking who the hell wears dark sunglasses in a dark bar? Can he even see me? He was sitting with a friend that had long curly hair, a little tan, and chinky looking eyes.

Do you remember me? I'm Lana, Salvatore and Ranas daughter. You used to come by the house when I was little.

He looked up at me with a big cheesy smile and said, Lana, Lana banana, my little Lana banana.

Yes that's me, oh my God I haven't seen you in years, you grew up to be beautiful Lana. Giving me a big hug.

Aww thank you Layne you look like you haven't aged at all. My subconscious WTF he looks exactly the same since last time I saw him. I know it's a little dark in here and he has black sunglasses on bbbuuuttt he really does not look like he aged.

______________******_______________Authors note look up Mother Love Bone and you will learn the connection with the band Pearl Jam