All my friends, we're glorious

Dallon's p.o.v.

I didn't get to see Josh again until the end of school, but when I saw him again, he ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug he could, tears running down his cheeks. My best friend. My only friend.

"I've missed you, Dallon," he sobs.

"Please don't leave again." I wipe his tears away and smile down at him. His blue hair was very pretty today, and he was even wearing his gauges and his skinny jeans and shirt. I could see why Tyler liked him so much, like Josh had told me. He was almost a full foot shorter than me, and I'd often teased him for it. The memories made me smile.

"I'll try, Josh, I'll try." I only realised then how selfish I had been. I was so caught up in my own depression that I forgot how others felt too. Mum must've been so lonely by herself when she was at home, and likewise for Josh at school. "I have to tell you something, Josh." By the expression on my face, Josh could tell it was serious and gave me his full attention. He looked up at me with his big brown eyes. I took a deep breath. "I'm adopted."

Shock passed over Josh's face before a smile bloomed. "That's great! Your mum actually took you in as her own!" He hugged me even tighter, nuzzling his head on my shoulder.

"Shall we go home?" I ask him. "We can make cookies?"

"COOKIES!" Josh yelled. "I'm in!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went back to my place, and after checking with my mum, Josh and I began our task of making the delicious cookies. We put on our aprons and took out my mum's recipe book.

"This recipe is sick!" Josh exclaimed. "So sick!"

"We need to put chocolate chips in these cookies," I stated, grabbing a bag of white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Josh reached out to take them but I held them away, teasing him. "Ah ah ah, Josh, I know you'll just eat them all!" Josh pouted.

"But Dallonnnnnnnnnn," he whined. I just rolled my eyes and laughed at him, putting a drop of the cookie dough on his nose. I put the different chocolate chips in the mixtures before creating the cookies on the tray.

We put the cookies in the oven and the room soon had an amazing aroma of cookie dough baking in the oven. My mum came in to talk to us.

"Wow, Dallon, I'm impressed! You usually can't cook to save your life!" I groaned.

"Mum!" I said in embarrassment, but she just laughed.

"So how was your first day back at school, boys? It's you second to last year already!"

Josh shrugged. "It was good, Leann! Especially since Dallon is back." Josh smiled from ear to ear. "Oh, look, the cookies are ready!"

We grab oven gloves and put the cookies out of the oven, before eating one straight from the tray, not noticing the scorching heat radiating off them. They tasted so good!

"Dude, these are sick!" Josh said. "Tyler needs to have one!"

"We can take some in tomorrow," I offer. Suddenly, I had the thought, "maybe Mr Urie would like one, I could take one for him," but I swatted it away. Where did it even come from?! I couldn't take him a cookie! That's weird! And I'm just a pupil, it's not like I like him or anything. I actually don't. I mean I like him, just not like like him because that would be weird and I don't think that he would be comfortable with his students thinking things like tha-

"Dallon!" Josh yelled. I looked up startled, my half eaten cookie crumbling onto my knees. I just looked at it in dismay before returning my gaze to Josh. "I have to go," he said, rather apologetically. "I'm so happy you're back, Dallon, I really am." He wiped a tear away from his eyes. He was so emotional. Ha. "Crap, I crying again." Was all he said, before giving me one last hug and walking out, taking his share of the delicious cookies. I ate another five.

Brendon's p.o.v.

I was glad to go home at the end of the day, and have a strong cup of coffee to refresh my mind. I could usually teach a class without too much bother, but it was the constant flirting from teachers and pupils alike that made me want to tear my hair out. However, my mind kept wondering to Dallon. He didn't flirt with me, heck, I didn't even know him much. But he's only been here for one day. What did I know? He could be like everyone else. He didn't know me much either, but he was just so...interesting. Yeah. Interesting.

My phone vibrated, and I glanced down to see a message from Billie, asking about how the first day of the new school year went.

From: Billie
How was your day, man? First day back and all, you know? I still wish I was in your shoes right now.

To: Billie
Great, actually. Dallon actually appeared! He was just like you described him. He even managed to learn all his work from last year!

From: Billie
I wouldn't expect any less from a guy like him. He's a great worker, you know.

To: Billie
I'm looking forward to seeing how he works throughout the year!

I put my phone away, and I finished my cup of coffee, letting my mind wander again, this time they just wouldn't let me think of anything but Dallon. Some of my thoughts had me worrying a bit, like pinning him down and.... thoughts I should not be having. That was worrying me a lot, that I was getting obsessed with a pupil I'd only met, but I knew my thoughts weren't dangerous.

They were just like daydreams that you're consciously aware of. Right?

Right.

Seriously, what is wrong with me?

Author's note- It will all begin soon! I'm excited to write about this.