The fear of falling apart

Author's note- I have like 10 fanfic drafts on my account that I could publish but would you guys read them? If you guys will I will publish some of them bc I'm quite happy with them. Also I'm sorry I cut this chapter short bc I literally couldn't keep my eyes open while writing this.

Dallon's p.o.v.

After being beaten up physically by Ryan, and verbally by Brendon the week before, I was not very joyful, to say the least. I was literally about to fall apart.

I'm sure you can understand.

Walking into an empty house didn't help matters. My mother was away in Sydney. Having to see Dr Harris also didn't help, because I didn't want to have to talk about my day, especially since it was so terrible.

All I wanted to do was crawl into bed, cry, and sleep.

Brendon's p.o.v.

I went home, thinking about Ryan's threat the whole way there.

"Just don't tell anyone about me, and I won't tell anyone about your little relationship with Dallon. And if you tell Dallon or anyone about this, it's prison for you."

That's blackmail, right?

Not that it changes much, I guess. He's basically saying I have to let him bully Dallon or else he'll tell everyone about our relationship.

Having to let him hurt Dallon breaks me heart. But being without Dallon would break my heart even more.

I realise how badly I've treated Dallon these past few days, and I realise that I owe him an apology. I have not been a good boyfriend to Dallon at all.

I drive to his little house and knock quietly on his door. It doesn't take him long to open the door, and when he sees it's me, his face lights up.

"Brendon! Come in!" He cried. How is he still so happy to see me when I treated him so badly?

I obliged and followed him inside, into the living room I'd reclined in frequently recently. As soon as I was seated, I jumped right in.

"Dallon, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so uptight and angry because you were at the cinema. I am truly sorry." I was really sincere. I meant what I said.

"It's okay," Dallon shrugged. "I should've told you I was going out." I rolled my eyes.

"It was my fault, Dallon. Don't worry about it." I insisted this. I don't like it when people constantly apologise or blame themselves when it's someone else's fault. It's not fair. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok, I forgive you, Brendon." Dallon said. "You never said what you were going to tell me that night," Dallon realised.

"Oh, yeah," I said. "My parents visited. My dad was great, as always, but my mum, no. She found ways to complain about everything and she also found out about you. About us."

"How?!" Dallon panicked.

"I told her," I said. "But don't worry. She knows better than to tell on me. Not because she loves me but if I got caught it would bring a bad name on her too."

"So what happened?"

"I told her to leave and not come back. I'm sick of her wanting me to be the perfect child. That's how I grew up. My mother trying to mould me into her perfect son as if I was play dough."

"Good on ya Brendon!" Dallon laughed. "If it helps you feel better, I'm adopted."

"Really?!" I never knew that. You learn something new every day.

Did you know that everyone in the world knows something that everyone else doesn't?

"That's great! She's been amazing!"

"Yeah," he confirmed. "My mum is not biologically my mother, but it doesn't matter whether she is or not. I love her anyway."

I wish I could say the same about my mother. I shouldn't complain though, because I have an actual biological family.

"Well you're lucky to have a nonbiological mother who is so amazing," I smiled.

"I know," Dallon replied. There was a pause, like he was nervous. "I'm sorry, but I need you to go now, okay?"

"Okay, Dallon." I replied, though I feel a bit confused as to why I had to leave.

"I love you!"

"I love you too."

I say goodbye, feeling happy I was forgiven and that I got to tell Dallon about my parents. But what made me the most happy was that Dallon was actually adopted. Sure, his real parents might be dead or whatever, but Dallon has been taken care of so well, especially by a woman who isn't even his biological mother? The works can be great sometimes.

But suddenly the happiness is sucked out of me, because I remember one thing.

Ryan.