Panic!

Author's note: so today I've published a proper chapter! *cheers* however I may not have a chapter for tomorrow because I'm having a sleepover with my friends. If I don't have a chapter published tomorrow, I am sorry and I hope to publish another chapter on Wednesday :)

Dallon's p.o.v.

Josh and I absolutely loved The Greatest Showman. The story, the actors, the music, everything was great. I found it so emotionally moving that I felt tempted to go straight back in and watch it again!

However, it was getting late so I did not want to drive home in the dark.

I turned my phone on, as it had been off during the movie, because who likes that annoying prick that always has their phone turned on in the movies and everyone hears their notifications?
Certainly not me.

But when I saw the amount of notifications blowing up my phone, I began to think there was something wrong.

Did I suddenly become really popular or something?

When I realised I had eleven missed calls and twenty texts from Brendon, my heart raced. But not because of excitement, no. It was the same feeling you get when you discover you've missed seven calls from your mum.

I quickly called Brendon back, expecting there to be bad news or else something truly amazing. But something truly amazing didn't happen often so I chose the former of the two.

Brendon picked up on the very first ring.

"Hey, Brendon, I'm sorry I missed your calls-"

"Where were you at, Dallon?! I had important stuff to tell you and you didn't reply! I feel so special, Dallon," Brendon spat. I could hear the anger in his voice. I immediately felt guilty. I could've told him I was going to the cinema.

"I'm sorry, Brendon. I was at the cinema with Josh." I explained. "I should've told you first."

"Damn right, you should've!" Brendon replied. "I bet it was a little date, huh? Are you going to ignore me and then tell me you're cheating on me too?"

Ouch. That really hurt.

"No, Brendon. Josh just wanted to hang out because he hadn't seen me much lately, because I've been spending all my time with you." I tried to explain patiently, though I could feel tears forming at the back of my eyes. He didn't trust me. "I wouldn't cheat on you, you know. And I only didn't reply because my phone was off in the cinema." When I didn't get a reply, I looked to my phone and realised he'd hung up.

That's when I really let the tears fall.