Cake

Dallon's p.o.v.

The next day, I was standing awkwardly outside my maths classroom, holding a bag of cookies which I was still contemplating on whether I'd give them to Mr Urie or not.

I'd always go to my classes five minutes early. You see, we have a five minute break between each class, so we can get books from our lockers. I am very prepared, so I only pack my bag before school, during the break and lunch, meaning I had a lot of time during the five minute break by myself. I liked being alone as long as I wasn't lonely.

There's a difference, you know.

So I take I deep breath and open the door to my maths classroom, where Mr Urie watches me enter, confusion written on his face.

"Why are you so early? You know you have a break right?"

"Yeah," I said shyly. "I always pack in advance though, I did for Mr Armstrong and it was never a problem, so I thought there wouldn't be any issues. I can come later from now on if you like."

"No!" Mr Urie replied quickly. "I mean no, it's not a problem, you can come five minutes early if you like!" He smiled then, a gleam in his eyes that made him seem like a little boy instead of the grown man currently standing in front of me. I held up my cookies.

"I, uh, I made cookies yesterday, and I thought maybe, um, you'd like some?" I offered weakly. I knew it was a dumb idea. Yet Mr Urie's smile grew.

"Thank you, Dallon, that's very thoughtful," he said, taking the bag. "They look delicious! Did you make these by yourself?"

"No, Josh was with me," I replied cheerily. "It was great fun."

Why was I having a full conversation with my teacher?! It was almost like he wanted to be friends with me. But I wasn't backing away either.

The entry of a few pupils was my cue to sit down, and I took it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, when I arrived home, Dr Harris was waiting. I smiled, knowing that he would be impressed to know I'd already settled back into school and was doing great.

I welcomed him inside and offered him a drink, which he politely declined. I always offer guests drinks out of courtesy.

Dr Harris said he was busy today and tried to keep things moving, without being rude. He asked me questions about my school, how I was finding work and if my teachers were understanding that I'd missed a lot of work, which I then told him I hadn't missed any work because Josh brought me it all.

"Josh sounds like a great friend, Dallon," he'd said approvingly. I beamed. It was great knowing your family and others liked your friend(s). I only have one. "Is Leann here? I'd like to speak to her before I leave."

"Sure," I replied.

I thought about Mr Urie for the rest of the day, even though I knew it was wrong.

Third person's p.o.v.

Dr Harris managed to speak to Leann for a quick word before he left. "Did you tell Dallon...?"

"Yes!" She replied. "He was completely fine with it! I don't know what I was worrying about." Leann sighed with relief.

"And you're leaving for a business trip soon?" Dr Harris questioned.

"Yes, next week," Leann said sadly. "I didn't want to leave Dallon so early on, but work called me and said I had to go."

"Don't worry, Leann, Breezy or I will be here every day to make sure Dallon is doing well."

"Thank you, Dr Harris."

"Please, just call me Kenneth."

Brendon's p.o.v

I went home to consume my daily cup of coffee, this time accompanied with Dallon's cookies that he so kindly offered to me. I was thrilled to say the least. He was so kind.

I opened the bag to see five cookies. I saw that they were different, too. There were milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, fudge and even a caramel cookie. My mouth watered at the sight. They smelled heavenly too!

I took a bit out of the white chocolate one and it melted it my mouth, making me immediately crave more. I finished the white chocolate cookie, before trying the next one, and the next one, and the next one, until there were none left and I longed for more. I couldn't wait to praise Dallon tomorrow for his amazing baking. I'd maybe ask him to bake me some more too!

I spent the rest of the day about Dallon, even though I knew it was wrong.

I hope you liked this chapter! I really like this fanfic, but I'm stilling trying to decide how it'll end! Comment if you have any ideas :)