House of memories (part one)

Author's note- guess who finally updated! This chapter is not very long, and I'm sorry, but I literally couldn't keep my eyes open whilst writing this. I have been very busy, with exams coming up really soon and I can't find the time to study, and I'm so stressed that I'm not exactly prioritising this fic right now, though I'm trying! If I don't update for a couple of months, as long as it may sound, it's because of this, however I'll try my best. Enjoy the chapter for now! :)

Brendon's p.o.v.

Dallon is moving to another school?

He can't!

I am going to miss him so much, it's going to be so lonely without him. And what about Josh...

I'm going to try and bring back his memory before he moves, so even if we don't see each other as much, that he still might remember what we used to be like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, son, how are you?" My father asks, taking a sip of his coffee before wiping the froth off his lips. He's visiting me without my mother this time. A smart idea. "I'm sorry about last time."

I shrug. "It's okay. I expected something to happen. How is she, anyway?" I don't really care, to be honest, I just want to sound like I do.

"Fine, fine." He says in response, scratching his white hair almost awkwardly. "How's Dallon?"

I sigh morosely, looking into my mug of tea. I can feel the tears in my eyes threatening to spill, but I refuse to let them have the satisfaction. "He's not great," I confess sorrowfully. "He was...
attacked, and now he has lost his memory, and he is liable to go blind. Blind, Dad. Just because a classmate didn't like him."

My father pats my shoulder sympathetically. "Brendon, I know it's hard, but just remember, you both still love each other, no matter what the circumstances are. Whether Dallon goes blind or not, whether Dallon remembers your old relationship or not doesn't really matter. You still love each other. There's always light at the end of the road. Always remember that, Brendon."

I nod, listening to my Dad's speech. He is such a great father, the best I could wish for.

"I want to take Dallon out tonight, before he moves school, to the restaurant I took him before, to see if he'll remember anything." I can tell my dad my plans with complete confidence that he'll keep it confidential.

"Sounds great, Brendon! I'll have to meet him sometime!" My dad is the best.

"Yes, I think he would like that."