Miss You

I hope you remember those days, where we spent hours talking, about anything and everything, about the useful and thoughtful, about us and about everyone.

That's what best friends do right?! Empty their hearts out to each other, yet feel complete.

But that was then, and this is now.

And nothing could be more dejecting than to realise that what we 'have' has now become what we 'had'.
The past tense only solidifies that it wasn't a figment of my imagination, yet it was not strong enough to withstand separation.

A true bond is not measured in distance, so it doesn't matter if the people are closer or farther. It is Measured in trust, love, respect and faith- the immeasurable.

I guess, we both forgot to put in enough of those for our bond to last.
Here, we both are to blame and it's no one's fault, and both's at the same time.

When I wanted you to listen, to pay heed, you were singing your own songs, and when you wanted to give it a chance again, I was too hesitant to store my goods in an already broken vessel.

Aren't everybody?

I wanted to think i was different, that you were different, but i guess too much 'different' makes us too 'similar'.

Yet, every night, I still ponder upon the fact that what would have become of us, if we didn't give up, if we didn't believe it was beyond repair? What happened to the 'forever' that always followed our 'best friends'? What would have happened if I gave you one more chance? What if you didn't change, for better or for worse? Which was the real you? The one who bared her hidden heart? Or the one who walked away from me when you know I needed someone to understand?

I miss those days when we used to judge people together, make fun of them together, but now, when you are one of them, it seems so unnerving to do it. I just can't bring myself to believe that you sacrificed what we had for what we used to hate, together.

Times change minds, but minds can make time unchangeable.

But it's alright now. You can't change the past, but you can live with it, reminesce in its sweetness, drown in its hardships, for present will forever be there to hail you back up.

I miss you, I truly do, but I wish I wouldn't have to, that you'd still be a constant in my equation, but I guess, as equations change, constants do too.