Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Mirror mirror on the wall,
What's the meaning of my stall?

I stare at my reflection, trying to understand what is it that I have to figure out? What's going on behind those eyes? If I can't read my own mannerisms, my own face, my own eyes; can I ever say that I've read another person?

It's the same blank look that I've been giving myself since the year has started. A look with X crossed on the treasure map, but no direction to reach it. A look of pure emptiness, a state of void.

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Can I ever pick them all?

I decided to count it - the pieces of broken heart. That required me tracing back to where they were fallen, scattered but untouched. I was halfway through, when I found out I could travel between my memories to the ones that I could easily recall. So I was hoping, disoriented and disturbed frankly at finding so many bits here and there, just lying around, I didn't even realize they were broken in the first place. What a fool! I decided to not go to the times with the biggest pieces, they were too heavy to pick, and I think having a flimsy plaster over those holes time and again is an easier deal to sign.

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Will I ever grow tall?

This is not just about my height alright? I'm of a fairly average height, and nothing that heels can't solve. And I've heard guys like girls who are short and cute. But this is about my miniscule confidence, my incessantly heavy mind that weighs me down, bends my back and drains me all the way to the point of being meek and timid. So, tall in a figurative sense. Recently, I've also learned that emptiness is also heavy. It's true. I feel it, everyday. Don't ask me how, or what's the logic behind it. You'll be met with an empty echo in return.

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Will you ever answer this call?

I just want someone to read my mind for me and answer the unframed questions. And everyone says "No one knows you better than you." So, here I am, with you and with me. Will you help me? Or are you going to do exactly what I do and force me to figure out the answers?

HUH! JUST AS I EXPECTED.

Can't even count on your reflection these days!

Mirror mirror on the wall
Don't ever be useful at all!