Denial

For the first time Thor had tears in his eyes, he had stormed into his chambers after his father had settled the date for his son’s memorial. Thor had screamed, begged and tried to bargain with his father to try and postpone the date so that he had time to search. Odin had forbidden any search parties, saying that it would just hurt Thor more if he set out to find nothing. He grabbed a bag from underneath his bed and packed what little he could, summoned Mjolnir and did something he thought he'd never do!

He defied his father and went out in search on Loki

Grabbing a golden stallion from the stables he charged a full speed towards Heimdals keep. Intending to demand him to open the gates to Joutnheim, he knew the consequences he would face if he was wrong and Loki wasn't held captive here, the frost giants weren't going to hand Loki over like that. He knew what he may have to do. He was willing to hand himself over in exchange of this brother, this he was sure of.

"HEIMDAL! Open the bridge!" he was expecting to struggle with this. He knew Heimdal wasn't going to defy Odin. He skidded to a halt. "I care not what Odin says. As prince of Asgard and future king I fare not ask but order you to grant me access Into Jotünheim. Heimdal's golden eyes showed no trace of understanding, but then spoke "I have no intentions to allow this. This is suicide and you know it. Your fury engulfs you! It swarms you. You care not for Loki, but for your own honour!"

"You DARE question my love for my brother? I ought to slay you where you stand," Thor fought back tears

"And how would you enter Jotünheim without me?"

"You'll help?"

"Of course! My duty is to Loki as well as you and your father" Heimdal swiftly moved towards this mighty sword. Thor led  his stallion over to the centre of the room. Heimdal turned to him "if your return threatens the safety of Asgard, then I shall not let you back"

Thor breathed deeply to ease his nerves "I will return before sunset"

Before anything else could be said he was teleported into Jotünheim.