Making Up For The Horrors.

The pounding of hooves flooded the forest and drowned out the songs of the birds. The world around Loki became a blur as he allowed the snorting stallion below him to take control of the ground.

Thor had taken lead a while back, usually Loki would have jumped at the chance to race his brother, but seing as it was his first time back on a horse properly, he had decided that it would probably be best if he stayed at his own pace. It was the first time he had smelt the damp moss, the smell brought back memories of his childhood, things were so simple then, even though he knew that he could never actually be king of Asgard, there was hope embedded inside his thoughts which was why he had forgiven his father. He squeezed back on the reigns, causing the horse below him to slow into a steady canter, he took this time to enjoy the smells and sounds that the forest possessed, he hadn't had the freedom to do this before, with Jotünheim and the Asgardian crowds, but now, now he could remember just how much this realm meant to him.

"You're becoming old, brother!"

Thor had noticed Loki slow down and began to taunt him.

"Don't kid yourself Thor! We all know you're getting old before I do!"

With this he urged his horse back into a gallop, gaining speed and overtaking his brother and his stallion, Thor was taken back by the bravery of his brother but pushed

that aside and charged after him.

They arrived in a clearing, a crystal stream ran through to the left and apple trees grew freely around it. Both horses naturally grounded to a halt. Thor and Loki dismounted and tied their stallions to an apple tree where they snorted intently.

"I can't remember the last time i came here..." Loki fell silent as he gathered his thoughts, the last time he had been here he was only a boy, he had argues with his father about duties and he had run off, it was Thor who had tracked him down and convince him to come home.

They both sat upon the grass and spoke about times they'd had as children, and just for a little while, they could forget about the nightmares they had just faced.