Not Even If I Could

The next time Loki was visited, it wasn't to strike a bargain, oh no! Loki knew what Laufey meant by 'breaking his spirit' he was going to introduce him to pain beyond pain until he broke, no matter what he did he knew it wouldn't end up good. He embraced himself, thinking this may help, he closed his eyes and thought of Thor for comfort, he imagined himself back in Asgard with his family, in Thor's warm strong arms, safe from harm.

All of a sudden he felt his shirt ripped from off his back and he was exposed to the bitter cold of Jotünheim. 

He felt even more vulnerable now, more so than before. He dared not open his eyes, afraid of what he might see.

Without warning his back was struck, a soaring pain screeched down loki's spine, he could feel flesh being ripped from his skin, he didn't know what to do other then scream. Was this worth it? 'they'll do this until I snap and become one of them. All this? Why do they want me this much? I'm nothing important! They would be better off with a warrior such as Thor. NO! Don't think that! Thor is safe, He isn't hurting!

Thor hadn't eaten, he argued often with his father to send out a search party but Odin had rebuked him, he said that it was pointless searching for something that may have already been lost.This seemed impossible to Thor, the knew that if Loki had been killed then he would know-a feeling in his gut, that would let him know. He believed his brother was strong, no matter what everyone else believed . He knew his brother more than anyone else. 

It had been two weeks since his disappearance and people had begin to give up the search, Odin had planned a memorial service in his name, to let his memory go in peace. Thor immediately let his point across that he would not be attending, not until he was certain that his brother had actually gone.