End Of The Line

"You've got to be joking! Please father! " 

Loki screamed helplessly at his father, he know what Odin had just said was true, but he couldn't take it in, Asgard was his home, he had nowhere else to go. Odin stared emotionless at him, if he had any love for his son it wasn't showing. Loki turned his gaze to Thor. "Brother?" he whispered, hoping for words of comfort, but Thor's only reply was "I'm sorry, I tried." 

"You coward!" Loki's tormented screams echoed through the halls. "I thought i was safe here! But it turns out that you're more monstrous than the creatures you claim to be your enemies!" 

"Father, there must be another way?" Thor groans. 

"Hold your tongue!" Odin snaps bitterly. "This is far from what i wanted, but i have no other choice, Asgard is falling and there have been an increase it Frost Giant crossings.." 

"You only care about yourself!" Loki interrupted angrily, resulting in a hand to the face. He fell to the floor, head bouncing off the concrete from the force in which Odin hit him. He had never felt so unloved in his whole life, never once, had his father raised a hand to anyone before. He lay there on the ground, sobbing quietly, his hands pressed against his face, everything was falling apart in front of him and all he could do was weep as Odin continued.. 

"Loki, in having you as a citizen here I am putting Asgard under great threat and danger. I, Odin All-Father, have no choice to place you under arrest until we can transport you far away from Asgard. You are no longer part of this city." 

Everything went blurry for Loki from then on, the last memory hearing the familiar sound of chains being placed around his shaking wrists as he was led away from his brother, and from his home.