Society's Expectations

Days and nights had begun to fold into one again as the crowds of Asgardians still flooded his doorway. He could escape perhaps through the back passage which was created in case of attacks, but there was a fear that it would be found out, but even if he managed it, he knew he would have to return back.

Odin, Thor and Loki had pleaded with the crowds, asking and demanding that they allow Loki to return to normal after his torturous experiences in Jotünheim, as the days went on the masses had turned into all but a few, who also, by Thor's judgement, seemed tired and fed up which meant that perhaps he would be ok after all.

In what seemed like a few weeks after Loki made his presence known the crowds had gone, he was looking forward to Thor's promise of hunting, during the dark, cold nights in Jotünheim he dreamed about the warm summer days when he and his brother would take a day off from duties and hunt, they often returned empty handed but that never bothered them because they just cherished each others company. Rumours still pulsed through the city, but there was less fear in the words now as time had passed and Loki showed no sign of seeking revenge.

As the glowing Asgardian sun set over the piers of Asgard, Loki for the first time opened his window and was free to greedily gulp in the cool, fresh air; it had been so long since he had been able to open his window, but now the crowds had completely departed and began to get on with their own lives as they had once before. Thor had been away for the past couple of days and Loki was counting down the hours until his return which was scheduled for sunrise. Carefully closing his window he walked steadily over to his bed, with the time locked in his chamber he had learned that his leg was now okay to walk on again. He crawled up towards his silk pillows, and buried his face into them, breathing in the scent of Asgardian spices which coated the fabric. Sleep came almost suddenly as he had no worries about anyone trying to get in.

As he awoke the next morning the bells were ringing a tune which he knew all too well, this noise showed that the prince of Asgard had returned home.

"Thor" he whispered to himself as he scrambled out of bed, almost falling out of the bed as his foot became tangled in the silk, he scurried to the window and peered out to see nothing, his heart hadn't had time to sink before he heard a knock on the door which led out the back. He opened it wearily to see his brother on his mighty golden stallion, behind him was Loki's stallion, a black, silky beast which he loved dearly.

"You up for a hunt?" Thor winked.