Chapter 44

*Kaya's POV*

When we ran away from the booth after seeing the small door inside, we turned in the direction of what looked to be the front door. Maybe we'd find someone on our side there. 

The alarms hurt my ears, but I didn't bother covering them. We needed to find someone we knew. We needed to. We needed to. 

As I'm sure the alarms were some sort of signal to evacuate or to hide in lockdown, the lobby was downright deserted. Not a soul in sight. 

Just as I was nearing the front with Margaret at my heels, I slammed into a body. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," I screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Liam screamed. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Margaret screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Louis screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Zayn screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," all five of us screamed.

"Oh, it's just you guys," Margaret observed casually. "I'm impressed your method actually worked."

"Yeah, we actually are too," Zayn admitted. "Wait... where are Niall and Harry?"

"No idea," I said. 

"But you were with them, weren't you?" asked Zayn, his brow furrowed. 

"Well, we were, but we took a different route," Margaret said vaguely. "It's not worth explaining right now."

All of us nodded, and started brainstorming where Eleanor and Cassandra might be, shouting over the sirens that warned all of our presence.