Chapter 45

*Cassandra's POV*

The alarms rang out in my ears as Eleanor and I stood at the door where the Professor existed behind. 

Eleanor spoke over the sirens. "Maybe we should go hide, too, to make it look like we're not the ones intruding,"

I knew she was probably right, but then we'd miss our chance to face the Professor one-on-one, and finish him off. "No, we should go. Before he escapes, too. This could be our only chance."

Eleanor still hesitated. I realized that I was also going against my own words, as I hadn't even moved toward the door. "But we don't know what he's capable of. He might have a thousand traps or guard dogs or some sort of impenetrable security that we can't face alone,"

I knew she was right. "True," I agreed, not really sure what to do next. 

"Let's go," Eleanor said above the noise, and I took her hand and we started running down the lobby. 

We ran into a crowd of people. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," I screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Kaya screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Eleanor screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Louis screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Liam screamed. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Margaret screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," Zayn screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," all seven of us screamed.

"Oh, it's just you guys," Eleanor observed casually. "Where are Niall and Harry?"

"We don't know," answered Margaret. "And we're not really sure what to do at this point, either,"

"This is why we don't plan!" added Louis. "This is what would have gone wrong!"

He was right. Because right then, a few guards turned the corner, looking for us. 

I didn't think. I yanked open the door to Professor Calando's lair, and we sprinted inside. 

This was it.