Explanations(17)

Ben's mouth dropped open as well as Audrey's. "Does that make Booboo Jay?" Audrey asked. "Obvisouly!" Dove snapped. "Look, I would've stayed as Dove, but upon your arival I was forced to do things against my will. For instance, live my now normal life under a radar. Sooner or later I knew you two would crack the case and try to ruin my life all over again! Whatever you say or try to do can make me go back to Auradon. I'm never going back! The students you call friends there, I call monsters. Nothing they did was nice, or close to nice. It was all nasty, brutuel, and downright abusive. To think I ever risked my life for them." Dove said sneering. 

"I can't believe it. You're actually Mal!" Ben exclaimed. "Well Duh! Now, I want you out of my house as soon as Doug and Jane get back with Sofia and Cameron. The last thing I need or want in my life is people from my past trying to make me go back and relive my worst nightmare. You don't know what our classmates put me through." Dove said turning her eyes away from them. "Like what?" Ben asked. "For one, they bullied me for everything about me. My hair color, my rare eye color, my height, my style, how I walked, and every single stupid thing they could gather off of me. They punched me, beat me and hurt me in ways that should never be repeated Ben. You said you loved me and that's what hurt the worst. That my own boyfriend had no clue what was going on, and my best friend did. That's what showed me that I shouldn't trust people in Auradon." 

"They hit you?" Ben asked in shock. Dove nodded and she pulled the collar of her shirt down just a tiny bit to reveal the tip of a long jagged scar. "God! Who did that to you?" Ben asked standing up. "Your friend Lonnie. When you get back to Auradon, ask her how sharp her sword is. This scar starts at the tip of my neck and stretches all the way down to my waist. That was the last straw. I couldn't take any more abuse. My mom gave me scars, and my classmates gave me scars. I couldn't take it anymore. I was depressed and I was eventually going to jump into the ocean or some other form of killing method to end my misery but the only thing keeping me going was Jay. He always pulled me through it even at the darkest time. He stayed right by my side as this long scar was being treated. It was a long wound and it was cut by the tip of Lonnie's sword. I lied and said it was a big accident. That pain, it was too much. I knew if I stayed around in Auradon any longer, I wouldn't survive. So I ran away with Jay, Carlos, and Evie. I contacted Logan who I've known since my childhood years and we made it to L.A." Dove said letting go of her shirt collar. 

"Here's the thing. I already know you want to know how I knew Logan Paul from my childhood. It's this little thing called a split personality. As a child I was struck by magic lightning and from there I became two personalities, formed into one person. I am Mal, and Dove Cameron at the same time. There is a way to close one side of a split personality, and I think that might be happening to my Mal side." Dove said squeezing Booboo's hand a little tighter. "But I love you!" Ben shouted standing up. "I don't love you though!" Dove shouted back at him. 

"I have to put up with my broken heart that aches every time I hear about you or see a picture of you. My heart just breaks even more inside and it kills me." "I wish I could help you Ben, but I'm beyond your reach right now. I don't know how to help your case, except that you have to let me go. Ben I've moved on. It's been a year since I've left Auradon in the past. I found someone who loves me for who I am and not just my looks from a dream." Dove said. "Wait, you knew?" Ben asked. "Of course. I can read people's minds from anywhere in the world as long as I can narrow down in that person or their location." Dove said. "You fell in love with me because of a dream you had before making the proclamation to bring us Isle kids over to Auradon. You were the first one to show me what true love was just because you thought I was pretty. Tell me Ben. Did you ever love me for my true self, or just my looks?" Dove asked her voice cracking. Ben didn't answer and Dove leaned her head on Booboo's shoulder. "That's exactly what I thought. Why do you even care if I come back to Auradon or not? Just because it looks bad for the Kingdom?" Dove asked sarcastically. 

Ben didn't answer and Dove shut her eyes. "I. Can't. Believe. This." She said. Booboo slid his arms around her and pulled her onto his lap. "I think I speak correctly on this, but the weekend that Cameron leaves for his tv show again, you need to leave. Go back to Auradon. You saw us, you accused us, we told you who you were, now you need to leave." Booboo said. "When will we have to leave?" Audrey asked. "In about 4 weeks. That's only because I don't want you to be seperated from Jane and Doug. They should know the full dance, but you leave Dove alone. If you do anything, I repeat anything, you will be sorry. You've seen what happened to Mark, so don't be next." Booboo said glaring at Ben. 

Ben and Audrey stood up and crossed the room to talk in a corner. "You have me on speedial right?" Logan whispered to Dove. She nodded and he said, "I have my FBI agents on speedial, and if anything happens, call me and I'll call them." Dove thanked him and Booboo held her closer as Ben and Audrey returned to them. "How come you never said goodbye?" Ben asked. "That's what the letter was for." Dove said. "I wrote it explaining everything. How I was bullied, how depressed I was, and the reason for our leaving. If you had flipped the letter over, you would've seen that we broke off all relationships with you before leaving."