Going Places(33)

As Dove's sleek, black, Uber Car pulled away from the curb Booboo turned to Sofia. "So that's what this is all about? Did you lie to me this whole time?" Booboo asked. Sofia shook her head and said, "I didn't know I would chase Cameron away. I was scared of commitment." "But you aren't afraid to admit that you prefer me over your own boyfriend? I'm sorry, but that's just a little far-fetched in my eyes." "At least I don't cry everyday like Dove." Booboo turned back to her and Sofia regreted her words. "Sofia, look, I don't want to get angry, but you literally just turned two of your best friends against you, and I'm the only one left here. You could've just tried to fix what happened, but you go and try and prove yourself worthy to me. I'm not going to stop loving Dove just because you want me all to yourself. You don't know what Dove goes through Sofia. If you were in her shoes, you would've thought twice before saying your words." Booboo said. "I'm going to go and call her. I hope you're happy now Sofia." He said before turning and walking back to his house. 

Dove tried hard not to cry as the Uber drove her to her destination, but as soon as she stepped out of the car and it pulled away, the tears fell and she couldn't stop herself. She walked up the front walk and knocked on the door of Logan's house. Logan pulled open the door with a smile but his smile wavered when he saw Dove on his doorstep. "Dove? What's the matter?" He asked her. "Lots of things. It will take too long to explain, but it's mostly Sofia." Dove said and her voice broke on the last word. Logan stepped back to let her in and Dove saw no one else was in the house. Mark was there along with George in the kitchen and Logan told her to go upstairs to his room where she could explain everything. Dove went over to the stairs and climbed them. "Is she okay?" Mark asked Logan. "I don't know. I don't think so." Logan said before turning and going up the stairs after Dove. George and Mark shared a glance before going to the top of the stairs to listen in on their conversation to see if Dove was okay. 

Dove was sitting on the window seat in Logan's room. Her head was on her kneeds and she was curled up into a ball again. Logan knew it must be bad if she was curled into a ball. "Dove, what happened?" Logan asked coming to sit next to her. She sniffled before explaining what had happened after he had left. "And now, Cam's gone and Sofia wants to take my fiancee away from me." Dove said. "Let me see the ring." Logan said trying to break the tension. A little bit of Dove's smile returned as she held out her hand. "That's one big rock. Now, tell me, how do you even know that Sofia has eyes for Booboo?" "Logan you know why. Her thoughts were screaming right out to me while I was consoling Cameron in my backyard. I tried to keep him at my house and that resulted in me leaving. Sofia said I was acting like a 2 year old because I wasn't talking to her and I slammed the front door in her face. What hurts me the most is the sentence she told Booboo after my uber left. Booboo told her something and she said, "At least I don't cry everyday like Dove does. Logan, that ripped me to shreds. I can't take this any longer. This is too much. I can't do this any longer. Logan, help me before I go insane." Dove pleaded before exploding in tears again. 

Logan picked her up and held her on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and she cried onto his chest. "Dove, no matter what happens, you promised me you'd go to someone if you have a problem, and I'm glad you kept that promise. I don't know how people would live without you." "Logan, there are so many voices in my head and I'm going insane! I don't know what to do anymore." Dove whispered. "Do you want Booboo?" Logan asked. "I want to stay here. If that's okay." "That's fine with me. Do you want anything from your house?" "My phone charger, my pillow, and my polar fleece blanket."Dove said shaking. "Mark, George, you can come in." Logan said. "Hey, Dove are you okay?" George asked Dove shook her head and leaned her head back on Logan's shoulder. 

"Can you guys go over to Dove's house and grab some things?" Logan asked. "Sure. What do you need us to grab?" Mark asked. "Dove's phone charger, her pillow, and her polar fleece blanket. If you guys have trouble finding it, I'm sure you can ask Booboo and he'll help you. If he asks, Dove, are you okay if he knows you're here?" Dove nodded and she closed her eyes. "He probably suspected I'd come here." Dove whispered again and Mark and George left. Logan heard Mark's car starting and pulling out onto the road. A few minutes later Mark and George pulled up to Dove's house. Mark put the car in park and he and George went up to the door. Mark rang the doorbell and Sofia answered it. Her makeup was smearing again as the tears ran down her face. "Sofia!" George exclaimed and Sofia met their eyes. "Can I...help you?" Sofia asked choking back a sob. "Is Booboo here?" Mark asked. Sofia pointed down the hall to the kitchen and Mark thanked him. He went down the hallway but turned back halfway when he realized Geoge wasn't with him. George waved him ahead and Mark did relucantly. 

"What's wrong Sofia?" George asked her. Sofia turned into the living and motioned for George to follow her. "Do you want to watch a movie?" Sofia lamely asked. "Sure." George said and he followed her into the screening room. "Who made this room?" George asked sitting down in the cushioned leather seats that reclined. "You like it?" Sofia said smiling at the room. "It's my favorite room in this house. It was made with pure heart and passion and I love it because it's the place where I learned how to speak French Fluently." Sofia looked at him and George smiled back at her. "So did the hired help make this room too? You said it was made with pure heart and passion." "No. Actually, Dove made it, for me and Cameron." Sofia said and the smile on her face drooped. "She thought that we needed a place to reconnect after a long day of being apart. But this is the place where it can't be the same anymore. I left Cameron hanging and now he's gone. Then I chase Dove away because she found out about how I think I should be with Booboo and not her. I'm the worst person in the world!" Sofia said and the tears fell again.