Protecters(18)

"Mal, Dove, whichever one of you is present, may I please speak to you? Over there?" Ben asked standing up. Dove stood up and Logan went to 'talk' on his phone 5 feet away from them. "What is it?" Dove asked. "Do you love me anymore?" Ben said. "As of right now, No. Until I learned to let go, I still believed that you cared about me even though everyone around me kept telling me you didn't care. Now I know that statement was true and that's their way of telling me that you fell in love with me because of a dream." Dove said. 

"So what if it was a dream? You're Maleficent's daughter! She's done the worst things possible!" "All she did was curse Aurora to prick her finger!" "To die at age 16!" Ben argued back. "But she didn't die remember! Her fling at the time stabbed her in the gut with a sword!" Dove said glaring at him. "Still! Gaston stabbed my dad and look what happened to Gaston!" "At least he had brains!" Dove said. "Oh, so now we're throwing insults at each other?" Ben asked. "Look. Ben, I let you into my house, and now you're overstepping your bounderies. I still may be really short but I'm not afraid to do anything." Dove said. She turned on her heel and Ben grabbed her wrist and spun her around so she flew into his chest. She pushed him away and he knocked into the wall sliding to the floor. "I hope your mom knows how to fix wounds." Dove hissed. Normally she wasn't like this but Ben made her angry. When she was angry she was just like Booboo got at Mark. 

She stalked back to the couch and was about to sit down when Ben grabbed her wrist again and twisted her around. In responce, she judo flipped him right around. "Get. Your. Hands. Off. Of. Me." She hissed. "If you don't, you'll be very sorry and you'll find yourself sailing." She threatened. Ben didn't learn his lesson and he grabbed her wrist again but this time, she screamed before grabbing Ben by his shirt collar and Logan knew what was going to happen. He opened the door and Dove shoved him out of her house and sent him sailing into the dirt. Dove brushed her hands together and smiled. "Well, on that happy note, where were we?" 

"Okay! That's it! I'm taking you back to Auradon right now!" Ben screamed at Dove from the doorway. "NO!" Dove screamed at the top of her lungs before tearing out the door with Ben and Logan at her heels. She was at the gates when Ben reached her. He grabbed her hand and she wretched it out of his grip. She pushed him away from her and started running back up the hill but Ben pulled her down. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed struggling to get out of his steel grip. Logan easily overpowered Ben and he pulled Dove out of Ben's grip. Dove clung to Logan as Ben started getting up. "I still love you." Ben said. "Well I don't love you! I stopped loving you as soon as I got here! I realized that if you didn't know I was depressed you didn't care or you were too busy with being a King to worry about me!" Dove screamed at him. 

She started crying and Logan put his hand on the back of her head and hugged her to his chest. Booboo got there and he glared at Ben. He cracked all his knuckles on each hand at once and he stepped towards Ben. He was about to use his knuckles, but instead he turned towards Dove. She turned towards him and he picked her up. Within an instant Dove had her arms wrapped loosely around Booboo's neck and her cheek pressed against his shoulder. Logan glared at Ben as he walked next to him to make sure he didn't act out again. Booboo walked behind them silently soothing Dove. Once reaching the house Logan held onto Ben's shirt collar as Booboo went upstairs. "I still need to talk to you!" Ben yelled. "Maybe tomorrow!" Booboo yelled back. 

After dark, Dove and Booboo went to sleep. Halfway through the night, Booboo was awoken due to some sniffling noises. He looked over expecting to see Dove, but her side of the bed was unoccupied. He sat up looking for her. The sniffling sounded again and Booboo saw she was curled up on the window seat overlooking the busy streets of L.A. Booboo pushed the bed covers back and walked over to her. "Dove?" He said quietly enough for her to hear him. She looked up at him. "I didn't mean to wake you up." She whispered. "It's fine. But are you fine? Dove you know you can tell me anything. I'll still love you no matter what." He said sitting across from her. 

"When will it all end? Sometimes I wish that my Mal side had never exsisted. I keep getting tortured by my past, but then I keep thinking and I still know that I have 5 best friends in this world and they all love me and care for me and they don't want to see me die or be unhappy." Dove said sniffling again. Booboo pulled Dove onto his lap. "I don't ever want you to be unhappy. If there's anything wrong, you can always tell me or anybody else that you love. If you shut your feelings out, the same thing will happen again." Booboo said kissing her forehead and not moving. She laced her hand with his and leaned into his chest. "The sooner they leave, the sooner life will be normal again."