Why Dove did it(38)

When the doctors announced to their little group that Dove could have guests, Booboo just about died. Lydia followed Booboo right by his heels and when he saw Dove and met her eyes, she started crying. Logan was squeezing her hand and it sounded like she was saying I'm sorry. When Booboo bent down to hug her, the words were said again. "I'm sorry." She said and the tears were pouring off her face like salt from an open salt shaker. 

Logan was silent through the whole visit, except for the few times he spoke to Dove and Booboo could see there was something lurking behind that grim expression. Logan refused to leave her side even as the nurse came to check up on Dove. Booboo's family, Cameron, and Sofia all came back and they all embraced her. Booboo's mom felt espicsally bad about accusing Dove like that. Here Dove sat, just an innocent, helpless, creature. "Dove, why did you try and kill yourself?" Cam asked as he sat down next to her. 

"Everything. I couldn't take it anymore. I still can't. Everything going on around me is too overwhelming and I feel like I'm in a box filling with sand. No matter how much I dig for air, the deeper I sink. I can't take it all." Dove said. "I was kidnapped, locked up in an isolated cell, tortored by a man I don't love, witnessing heartbreak here and there, people fighting for me, people fighting over me, people hating each other, and most of all, my two best friends seperating." Dove said and she turned to bury her face into Logan who was on her right side. He wrapped his arms around her and he held her as she cried. He had refused to leave her side during the medical happens. 

Sofia looked down at the last part, knowing that Dove was directing that at her. Cameron's hand found hers and tangled itself up with hers. "When will Dove be able to go home?" Cam asked the nurse. "In a couple of days." She said. Truth be told, 3 days later Dove was released from the hospital and she went back to Logan's house. "Dove" Logan said on the way home. She heard his voice so Dove looked up from her blanket to meet his eyes. She shrank back thinking he was going to yell, but instead his voice broke as he talked. "Please don't do that again. I thought you were dead. I'm glad my dog saved your life." "Kong did that?" Dove squeaked out and Logan nodded in the mirror. "Will you promise me never to harm yourself again? I don't want a cheap promise now. I want you to go full out. Dove, I don't care how pushy I sound right now, because I care about you as much as Booboo does. Maybe even more because I know everything about you. I've known you since you were a tiny newborn and you don't need to hide anything from me. If you ever start getting back into the depressed state, you tell me. I don't want you to die.If you end up completing your work successfully, I would fully blame myself. Dove, we all love you and we don't to find you dead in my backyard." Logan said. 

Dove nodded and she stayed silent the rest of the way back to his house. When they got back to his house, he strayed behind to keep pace with her and she actually felt thankful he was doing this. He opened the door and a lot of people were waiting in his living room, unknowing to him. George was at the center of it and he was cheering the loudest. Lydia hugged Dove when she got through the door but Dove didn't respond. Lydia didn't take it personally as the doctor said she would be unresponsive for a long time. A huge banner read Welcome Home Dove and she thought she would faint. Without a second glance behind her, she ran up the stairs as fast as she could, Kong following behind her and Logan glared at the crowd. "Lydia, can you go tell George to send all these people home? Dove's having a field day with so many people around her celebrating her life." Logan asked and she nodded. He went up the stairs after her and he found her in his room curled up in the corner with Kong on her lap. Kong whined and she couldn't even find it in her heart to smile at the dog she loved so much. 

When Dove went to sleep that night, Mark was asked to check on her by Lydia, as Logan was trying to calm himself down. When Mark came downstairs, Logan was sitting in front of his kitchen Island with Lydia sitting across from him. He had his hand on his forehead. "Lydia, what do I do? My best friend tried to kill herself and she won't talk, move, eat, or even show any signs of emotion. I don't know what to do anymore." Logan said and he ran a hand over his hair. "Therapy." Lydia said. "I just want the real Dove back. The happy carefree, loving, caring, Dove Cameron back. Where did she go and who kidnapped her?" Logan asked and his head slammed down on the countertop and exploded. 

And Dove woke up screaming.