College Crush

Title: College Crush
Requested? Yes.
Plot: Imagine being best friends with Tyler since birth and he develops feelings for you in college.
Warnings: None.
Word count: 771

—***—

You were never more proud of anyone in your life then you were of your best friend Tyler Joseph when he started making music and began getting more famous by the day. You two have known each other ever since you were born and no matter what happened, you knew you could always lean on Tyler and he knew he could lean on you. You went to the same middle school and high school, and somehow, call it fate or just pure coincidence, but you two both got in the same college too. You were extremely excited, whereas Tyler looked happy too, but deep down he was fearing how long he could hide it from you anymore. He felt it would ruin your friendship if he told you.

You had no idea, but Tyler developed a crush on you a while ago, but was to afrait to say anything. But now that you were going to be together even in college, it was getting even harder for him to keep it a secret. So he found a flat on his own, violating your agreement to live together. You talked about that so much during your life, but he felt being around you every day would distract him even more than you already do. But you did hang out together a lot, regardless. And so one day he invited you over as normal, and when you arrived, you could hear him play his ukulele from the other side of the door. You tried knocking on the door, thinking it would startle him if you just opened the door and walked in like you usualy do.

You hear the playing stop and footsteps walking towards the door. When he opened the door and saw you standing there, Tyler's face lit up and a huge smile appeared on his face. He offered to try and teach you to play the ukulele and you felt it would be a great idea and eventually, you had managed to learn the basics, but you figured practice makes perfect. If only you had a ukulele of your own. And as if Tyler was a mind reader, he reached his hand behind him and took out a brand new ukulele and told you was for you.

''Really? It's too much, I can't..." You tried protesting, but Tyler assured you he wanted you to have it and that you didn't need to worry about where he got the money to buy it or something like that. You gave him a huge hug and began trying out your own ukulele as Tyler watched you with a smile on his face, preparing himself for what he planned to do tonight. You suddenly look up when you hear Tyler singing, and soon realize he was actually singing your favourite song 'Can't help falling in love". You absolutely loved this song and enjoyed every moment of Tyler singing it. You clapped after he finished and thanked him for singing your favourite song to you.

''Y/N, I have to tell you something." This was it, no turning back now Tyler. He admited his feelings towards you and that they were the reason why he found a flat on his own, fearing it would ruin your friendship after he told you. You listened to him and you heart felt like it was going to jump out of your cheast. You suspected something like that was going on, but weren't sure, so you never told him about how you felt the same way. And now was the time to do that. As soon as you did, a sigh of relief escaped Tylers lips. He set his ukulele to the side and you did the same with yours. He took your hand and the two of you stood up, inches apart from each other.

Tyler slowly leaned in and connected your lips. The butterflies in your stomach went wild, and you wrapped your arms around his neck as his found their way to your waist. Sparks were flying, and Tyler rested his forehead on yours when your lips parted, even though you were already missing the contact. But you knew what was gonna happen now. And it did, he asked you to be his girlfriend, which, of course, you gladly accepted. Your future was filled with so many good, and of course there were several bad times, but you overcame all of that with the power of the love you had for one another. You still get together on the same day every year and do a duet with your ukuleles of that amazing and timeless love song.