All Dressed Up

Title: All Dressed Up
Requested? No.
Plot: Imagine Josh breaking up with his then girlfriend and he was going alone to and awards show, and then he sees you walking alone all dressed up, coming back from your friends wedding, feeling terrible, so he offers you come with him, and it gets the media talking.
Warnings: None.
Word count: 1179

—***—

You forgot the last time you felt this bad. But all you could think about right now was getting home, taking all your make-up off, it was smeared by the tears falling down your face anyway, and get out of this dress, put on your pijamas and eat a whole tub of ice cream and then go to bed. You heels were in your hand as you walked slowly, replaying what had just happened. You were on your best friends wedding, the guy you loved ever since you met him for the first time, back in high school was getting married to another girl, the girl that always bullied you and made you feel insecure. You thought it was your own fault because you were too chicken to tell him how you felt about him. You just wanted something good to happen before the night was over so you wouldn't feel this terrible anymore.

And to your surprise, your wish was granted. Walking down the street, getting ready to turn right you heard a car honk and turned, a witty remark at the ready, as you thought it was a perv, trying to score. But to your surprise, you were met with two beautiful brown eyes of a guy with red hair, and a red snapback on. You recognized him immediately. It was freaking Josh Dun from Twenty One Pilots, your favourite band. He asked you if everything was alright, noticing your smeared make-up and your glassy eyes. You really wanted to tell him what happened, for a moment forgeting he was famous, just wanting to have someone to share your bad with, instead of just being surrounded by people when you are at your best, and then no one having your back at the worst. But you figured he would be bored by your story so you just nodded, saying you were fine.

''Well, you don't look so fine to me. Hop on in and you'll tell me all about it." He says and opens the car door. You hesitate for a moment, but then decide to get into the car. You made every attempt to cover your face, but you soon felt Josh's hands on yours, sending shivers down your spine. He told you that you looked beautiful, no matter the fact your make-up was not at it's best. That made you feel a little better and you asked him where Tyler was. He replied by saying Tyler was waiting for him at a bar close to the award show they are supposed to go to, and he's running late because he had a fight with his girlfriend just as they were about to leave. You wondered how could a girl not agree to everything Josh says and just follow his every move, but then again, it was the fangirl in you talkin.

Suddenly, it hit you. If he was going to the award show, people might actually see you looking like a mess and put both your hands on your cheeks, your eyes wide. Josh noticed and said you'll be fine and that Jenna could fix up your look when you arrive. He suggested taking you to the award show with him, to lift up your mood and you were extremly grateful. When you asked him what would the media and the other fans think, he said it would be fine, because you two are not dating, so you could just go to the award show as friends. You agreed, excited, not only to get to meet your favourite band, but also to go to an award show with them. As you arrived to the bar Tyler and Jenna were in, waiting for Josh and he explained to them how he met you, Jenna was doing your make-up and you two were chatting.

''I can't believe your friend didn't notice such an amazing girl right in front of him." She said and you sighed. She was right, he could have had the girl who loved him for who he was, but instead, he married the one who only cares about his money. You felt really at ease with Jenna and told her about the crush you had on Josh ever since you saw the first Twenty One Pilots music video, and listened to the first song. She said you never know, there are so many artists who started dating their fans and it just might be the case for Josh and you. You felt your face burining as you blushed as red as a tomato. Jenna laughed and after a little more chit chat she finished your make-up and the four of you made your way to the award show. You could hear whispers coming from the clique about who you were and what you were doing with Josh, and you kinda liked it. The whole mystery behind who you were.

You followed Josh up to a group of fans and when they asked who you were, he answered you were just a friend and he was helping you get out of a bad mood. Somehow, that stung a little, already being put in the friendzone. You giggled as Josh tried to show one of his fans his and Tyler's handshake they did in the music video for the song Stressed Out. To you, it wasn't overplayed as everyone said it was, since you had all of their songs downloaded on your phone and would play them whenever you could daily. While doing chores, going out for a walk, or on your way to anywhere. So you kinda overplayed all of their songs every day, and that's why you still loved Stressed Out as much as the first time you heard it.

The night was amazing. Twenty One Pilots even won two awards that night, so the camera was on the four of you a lot, and it gave you the feel of what it would be like if you and Josh ended up together. After the night was over, Josh dropped you off to your house and after saying your goodbyes, he drove away. You smiled to yourself, letting the night sink in, and tomorrow you almost choked on your coffee when you saw the front page of your favourite newspaper. You and Josh were on the cover, and the title asked who you were. You were shocked that you had actually made it to the front page of a newspaper. You twitter and instagram blew up as well, when some of the fans found you and it had a mix of everything. It had questions, follows, hate comments, good comments, just a little bit of everything. And you really wished you could answer to all the comments with a yes, confirming you and Josh were dating, but that would be a lie since you didn't even get his number. And then you slided into your DM's on instagram and noticed Josh messaged you too. You two messaged back and forth for some time, before finally meeting, and you could say the rest is history.