State Fair

Title: State Fair
Requested? Yes.
Plot: Imagine Tyler being a dinosaur and going to a state fair.
Warnings: Dinosaur Josh and Tyler.
Word count: 609

—***—

Living in a poisonus society on it's own is extremly hard, but it's even worse when you are different from everyone else. You know nobody understands you, and think you will never find someone to be happy with. And knocking off stuff everywhere you go there are so many things you could destroy, weather by accident or on purpose. And people running away everywhere you go doesn't help. There were so many things roaming Tyler's mind as he sat down on a hill, overlooking the city in front of him.

Lights were flashing, he could hear the music even from where he was. Countless silhouettes of people moved around, mixing for a moment as they walk past each other and separating again. It felt like it was never gonna stop. The wheel kept spinning, other rides twirling and swinging continously, as the fair was in full swing. Tyler just sat there, not taking his eyes off the colorful site in front of him. He wanted so badly to be there and enjoy the fair too, but he knows that's impossible.

Suddenly his friend Josh arrives and tells him they should just go over there and have fun too. He gave Tyler the boost he needed to get up from his place on the hill and walk over to the fair with Josh. They were always the odd ones out, and it was obvious why, even though it was not explainable. Tyler and Josh were actually the only species of dinosaurs left on earth. It was kinda the reason why people were afraid of them. Not because they were big and scary, that is obviously one of the reasons, but mostly because they were unable to understand how it was possible that the two of them were still existing.

As soon as the people saw them approaching, they started running left and right, trying to find a place to hide, or some way of escape. Seeing all the commotion happening at the fair made Tyler second guess his decision to go over there. Josh turned around to look at him as he stopped in his tracks, just looking at the running figures, as their screams of panic filled his ears. He asked Josh what they were doing. Seeing a confused look on Josh's face, he knew his friend didn't really share his feelings on the subject.

But Josh did share Tyler's feelings on being the only two remaining dinosaurs in the world, and how they were now considered a threat to society, but he tried his best not to show it. Once the fair cleared out, Josh and Tyler made their way in. All the food in the food stands was far from even a bite size to them so Josh lifted one of the food stands and shook it above his open mouth making all of the food fall into his mouth. Tyler chuckled at his friend's appetite and did the same with a different food truck.

It was almost as they were finally able to have some fun, instead of just watching other's enjoy themselves. But their fun was cut short when they noticed a bright light shining down at them, and a familiar sound filled their ears. Once again, the town's police department sent out a helicopter to try and make them go away. If they wanted to, both of them could have just swung their hand once and the helicopter would have never flown again, but they didn't want that. And so they agreed to leave, a sad look consuming Tyler's face as he took one last look at the illuminating lights coloring the dark night.