Chapter 3- Pragya's fears

MM:

It's almost night time..

Pragya was completing all her college works sitting on the floor near the couch, spreading all the assignments of students she needed to check, but fell asleep there itself, sitting on the floor, keeping her head on couch as she was hell tired by the day end. She had so much of works that she couldn't even spare some time for herself..
( it's really difficult being professor, esp. during assignment and exam season)

Abhi entered their room and was shocked seeing Pragya sleeping there near the couch. It was then that he noticed her face.. He felt that she is really very beautiful.. She is as pretty as a Barbie doll.. His Barbie doll :) . He then noticed how tired her face looked but yet, she looked serene.. He wanted to wake her up as it's really uncomfortable for anyone to sleep that way all through night. But he didn't know how to wake her up..

Abhi's pov:
Abhi mai isse kaise uthavu?? (How do I wake her up now??)
He forwarded his hand to call her but withdrew

Ek kaam kartha hu.. Dumbbell gir du?? Abe abhi.. Kya soch raha hai tu.. Raat me koyi dumbbells karthe hai kya!! Kuch achha soch yaar.. Ek din tho tu sach me paagal ban javoge.. Rock music chaladu?? Nahi yaar.. Bahut hi thaki hui lag rahi hai.. Jhat se uthegi tho phir uska sar dukhega aur tab ki tab ladna sshuru kardegi..

(Let me do one thing.. Shall I drop dumbbells down?? Hey idiot Abhi.., what are you thinking of, who will do dumbbells at night time?! Think something better man.. One day you'll surely turn mad..
Shall I play rock music?? No man.. Look how tired she's looking.. further, if she wakes up all of sudden, she'll have headache and also spread it to me starting her fight mode immediately..)

"phe phe" he began whistling.. But she didn't even stir..

" hey!! Hey chashmish! Utho"
(Hey chashmish.. Wake up)
but still, there was no movement,
instead, she began murmuring something in sleep " Maa.. Maa.. Nahi ma.. Please maa.. Please mere saath rahiye.. Maa aap hume aisa aklea nahi chodsakthe.. Sab theek hoga maa.. Maa.." (mom.. No mom.. Please mom.. Stay with us.. You just can't leave us this way.. Everything will be alright mom.. Mom..)
her body began shivering.. She began sobbing, sweat beads were forming on her forehead.. Tears were rolling down her face, all of a sudden, her tiresome face turned into a frightened expression, her eyes tightly close as if she don't want to see what she's seeing, frowned head out of extreme fear.

Abhi didn't know what to do. He was frightened to see her reacting this way in her sleep. He first thought may be she is pranking on him, but hearing her say maa, he realized something is wrong as he know she's not that kind of girl joking about her mom.

So he immediately rushed to her side and began waking her up by shaking her and patting her cheeks "hey Pragya!! Pragya utho.. Sab theek hai.. Utho Pragya.. Kya hua?!! Bas bura sapna hoga, hey Pragya!!"
"(Hey Pragya!! Pragya wake up.. Everything is alright.. What happened?? It just is a bad dream.. Hey Pragya)"

His voice and touch brought her to reality but yet she was frightened to core. She immediately hugged him and began crying over his chest. He let her cry thinking she need some time and hugged her back subconsciously. This brought Pragya out of her trance. She immediately came out of his arms and said a simple sorry but still she didn't completely come out of her dream.

When she began sorting papers to wrap them up and leave, Abhi held her hand "Pragya ruko.. Ek minute baitho yaha.. Ye lo paani peeyo" (Pragya wait.. Sit down for a minute.. Here, drink this water) he said making her sit on couch and handing her a glass of water.. "ab batavo kya hua Pragya?" (Now tell me what happened Pragya?) He said in a soft voice.

Her body stiffened as she reminced what she saw in her dream (which didn't go unnoticed by Abhi), where her mother was lying on hospital bed after suffering from severe heart attack after she got to know the truth about her marriage. How could she tell him that he is the reason of all her fears.. How could she again tell the same things to him when she's tired of trying to prove herself to him when he's not even bothered to look at her once when he already knows all things, but the truth is he is not aware of how deep her fears are, he's not aware of the depth of pain he caused for the tears streaming down her face as this is the first time he's seeing her cry since the time of their marriage.. Her tears shaked his heart.

Pragya wanted to scream her heart out at him that he's not correct!! Whatever he's doing is wrong!! He's the reason of her fears!! Her fear is not about herself but her family whom she values more than her life. But then she controlled the temper building within herself. She will not say a word to him. She won't open her heart in front of a person who wouldn't even think for a second to break it. So simply got up from there masking her emotions and began grabbing all her belongings from the couch and moved towards cupboard placing them in proper order.

"Maaf kijiye. Aaj balcony me havaa jyadaa thi aur sare papers ud rahe the. Issiliye andar aana pada. Kaam jyada tha aur aaj mai kuch jaada hi thak gayi thi aur yahi aankh lag gayi. Aayinda se dhyaan rakhungi. Mai chalti hu, good night" (" I'm sorry, there was heavy wind in balcony and prayers were flying all around. It was difficult to manage there, so I had to come in. Work load was heavy today and also I was very tired from morning, so I didn't even realize when I fell asleep. I'll take care that it won't repeat again. I know you hate my presence in this room. I'm leaving, good night") saying so, she made her way towards balcony.

Shock would be an understatement for Abhi to listen cold and emotionless voice of Pragya.. Before he could think of or do something, Pragya left for balcony..

***************
Thank you everyone for your support.. I didn't expect such a wonderful response from you all.. Thank you so much guys..

I actually thought that I might take time for next update but it's your support which helped me write this plot. I might not be able to update for few days, please bear with me..

Do express your views on this chapter and also the kind of scenes you want me to include
..

Comments and criticism accepted :)