Chapter 25

Alright people, your wait is over..
I didn't feel right to keep you all waiting after you get to know that I've started writing. So, even it's not that long as I usually update, I hope it's satisfying.
I'm here with this very special chapter which I've started writing after a very big pause, so there's a 2yr leap in the story but there are also many flashbacks.
I hope you get used to bear with me.
I don't know what's wrong but wattpad is not allowing to modify the text format, let alone, atleast reply to comments. So, hear l here I am both apologizing and thanking you ppl for your day votes and comments.

Thank you subagokul118 amirasehr123 Cutidevil mamunimamunii Manopriya4

Hope you enjoy reading :)

**********

Aliya's PoV:

Two years.. I didn't even realize How soon these 2 years have passed. Life has changed drastically during this time. Not just mine even Abhi bro's and Purab's life was like a rollercoaster. Nothing remained same. And all this is due to my dear bhabhi, Pragya...

That night after attack, thanks to Pragya bhabhi that I was safe at home. Just like any other drunk, I slept dead that night. The last memory for me of that night was me falling over something soft and vaguely, I remember hearing some crashing sound. Next thing I knew was that the bright rays pricked my eyes sharply and I woke up with a severe headache.

It's kinda difficult for me to say this way, let's just revisit that memory of mine, Harry Potter fans, down with me into the pensieve...

'After Pragya fell unconscious, both she and Aliya were rushed to the near by city hospital. Pragya And Aliya Were admitted in the emergency ward. Aliya was attended by Raj bhaiyya while rest of the family were with Abhi, supporting him for Pragya.
None knew what happened and at that time, Aliya was the only hope who could tell them what happened. Pragya's condition kept everyone on the edge and none had the courage to inform her maternal family, while on the other hand, the felt like Aliya would be just fine.
Aliya, was asleep That whole night and the following day, till noon. It was only when she heard some noise of curtains being pulled apart and bright sunrays hitting her eyes mercilessly, groaning in pain, clutching her head, she finally opened her eyes and heard a stranger's voice.

Stranger: Oh! So, finally, kumbhkaran is ready to wake up

Aliya: Shut up! Keep your voice low! And is this the way to wake someone up! What the hell! Where am I?! And most importantly! Who the hell are you!

Stranger: Alright now! This is getting too much. (he murmured trying to calm his nerves) Answer these questions first. What's your name?

Aliya: Why the hell would I answer you?!

Stranger: Fine! Stop screaming and cursing here alright! I'm Dr. Arjun. I'm here to check up on your health status. Now if you please Answer this questions, What's your name?

Aliya: Aliya, Aliya Mehra.

Arjun: Great, now could you tell me what's your last memory?

Aliya: I don't remember much, how and why am I here, but my last memory was of me settling down on couch I guess, in my home. Wait! Pragya bhabhi! Pragyabhabhi, whereisshe? Howisshe?
(She began getting off her bed clutching her head still suffering with headache And tears were forming in her eyes which she made no effort to try to stop them. All she thought was about the safety of her Pragya bhabhi.)

Arjun: Hey, Hey Miss. Mehra! Calm down, you are hyperventilating
(He said pushing her gently onto her bed and trying to calm her down. The stubborn Aliya who would listen to no one somehow obeyed the His silent Command)
Alright now, Breath in.. Breath out.. Repeat.. Breath in.. Breath out.. You can worry about your bhabhi later, just first let me check on you, your family is still worried.

He started examing her Reports and smiled satisfied with the results

Arjun: You had acute alcoholic toxicity syndrome. You were brought here by your family.
Alright so, your vitals are stable, your memory serves good, you are well hydrated for now, I guess you ate something before drinking alcohol, am I right (yes)
Okay.. Right now, your temperature is normal and your are just hyperventilating and you have headache right (yeas)
Okay.. Now that BAC is reduced considerably, I guess you'll be fine in a day or two.

She couldn't understand a word of what he spoke except that she'll be fine. All she could reply was a confused o.k.ay..

He smiled politely and was about to leave when he was stopped by her

Aliya: Doctor.. How.. How is my Bhabhi? Pragya? She..she was.. was stabbed ..

Arjun: Wait.. Don't stress yourself much. As much as it is important to know what happened to her, it's also important for you to calm down first.
As of now, I don't want to put your hopes high but she is not doing good. She's still under observation. When ever you are finding it hard to breath, calm down yourself, it's important to take deep breaths. I'll let your family know that you are alright. Take care.

As soon as he felt, all her family members rushed to her side. But one person she was waiting for wasn't there, her brother. She couldn't control herself and began sobbing uncontrollably and none of them could calm her down or even try to ask her about what happened.
She began screaming at TheM to Leave her alone. She was just chanting for her brother and sister in law. But on the other hand, Abhi was already depressed about Pragya.

It was only when Dr. Arjun entered along with Her brother Abhi, she stopped crying. Bhai! Bhai.. She wailed and started going to her brother. Seeing his baby sister in this state, he rushed to her side and hugged her tight.
He patted her back trying to calm her down while she was continuously apologizing him, for what, he didn't know but let her cry. But she fainted in his arms after a few minutes making the whole family worried.

They got to know from Dr. Arjun who observed her condition that she is now suffering from PTSD and would have to visit hospital regularly for her counselling sessions and would be alright.
Hearing that someone would be alright was like a great relief to Mehra family but Pragya's condition was still critical.

********

Glossary :

BAC: Blood alcohol content

Kumbhkarna: Hindu Mythological character From Ramayana who waa granted and boon of Nidrasana ((sleep) instead of Indrasana(throne Of gods) due to his mispronunciation) and slept for 6 months at a stretch.

PTSD: (Post traunatic strss disorder where the person becomes emotionally unstable and their quality of life decreases after they face serious trauma or witness one. The person gets depressed and self destructive thoughts, suicidal tendencies increase. Emotional support and counselling helps them come back to normal condition).

*********

I hope you all enjoyed reading.. Let me know which part you felt emotionally connected to..

Do let me know about which part you are eagerly waiting for..

Next update, for sure on following Monday

🌟 vote
📝 comment
📲 share

Till next time,
Love,
Anjali