Chapter-27 What's happened is meant to happen

Abhi is a celebrity and his life is rarely personal. With paparazzi following him all around, his life is an open book for his fans. The incident where Pragya was hurt became the talk of the town for months together. Sure, seeing the most lovable rockstar in hospital premises with blood all over his shirt, face with dried tears and eyes full of multiple emotions which even he couldn't comprehend did hurt his fans too. Apart from his dadi, he knew that his fans loved him but he was not in a position to speak a word. 

It was that day of his life where he actually realized that maybe he was wrong all the way and he did want to give their relationship a chance and it had to be that day when he had to see the one he wanted to learn about, be drenched in blood all over just to protect his sister. Above all that, the look in the eyes of Pragya haunted him the most. It was as if she completed her duty and has nothing left to live for.. It was as if she did what she felt was right to do, not just as the sense of duty.. It was as if she wanted to memorize his face, the last thing she wanted to do even when she know that she might die the next moment. And the way she whispered his name, he almost felt.. loved..

Pragya became inspiration for every woman out there. She couldn't see it for herself, but she did have a role in making the world a better place. She taught every woman out there that she need not depend on anyone and she ought to learn how to stand for herself. She made everyone realize that it mind is more powerful than muscle. she might seem weak to single handedly try and fight off 5 men, but then, it was also her willpower that helped her survive that night.

   Thanks to the court proceedings but everyone got to know about the story behind her tragedy. She taught everyone that one must be able to stand for oneself and fight for the right cause till the last breath. People did try to blame Aliya for the fate of Pragya, but then, they got to know that even Aliya or not, Pragya would have helped anyone in her place. She became a hero for many timid women hiding behind their scarves. She became inspiration for everyone out there trying to fight with their own struggles of life, to strive harder so as not to fail, coz one is the master of oneself, and at the end of the day, it is his deeds that bear the consequences, either fruits or thorns. She didn't become famous just because she almost died trying to save someone, rather, it is because she did what she could to help someone out there who needed help, with all her potential, without worrying about the consequences. Well that is what one is supposed to do.. "Do your act, without expecting for results".

With all the mess of court proceedings, the guilty were identified and awarded with 3 years of imprisonment according to IPC sec354 A for sexual assault on both Pragya and Aliya. All in all, media and people celebrated the punishment received by the guilty but the ones with little interest were the members of Mehra family. It is not that they aren't happy for the guilty being charged, it is just that Pragya's condition was taking a toll on them and they aren't even able to celebrate their victory of judgment. 

But they didn't need to believe that it was only their family trying hard to deal with Pragya's traumatic state. They did have support. The support of Abhi's fans all across the country. The support of every student, every teacher, every friend and every family who knew Pragya. The support of every struggling common man out there, for whom she became an inspiration to never give up. And literally, they had support of almost the entire nation praying for quick recovery of Pragya.

If everyone felt bad for Pragya, no one knew Abhi. He is an emotional wreck. He did feel proud to have Pragya as his wife and at the same time he felt that she is stupid for putting someone else's safety before hers'. He would surely be in cloud nine now, to be recognized as Pragya's husband Abhishek rather than 'The Rockstar, Abhi'. But he couldn't stop blaming himself for Pragya's current state. He couldn't stop thinking that only if he hadn't married her for his sick revenge, she would have been safe out there, living her own happy life.

 He did just what he felt right to do. He did everything he did for the people he loved. He would never let anyone who trusted him down. It's just that he trusted the wrong kind. He loves his dadi so much that he was ready to marry someone he didn't want to, especially not a middle class girl who confronted him and made him a laughing stock in media twice already. And his blind love and trust in his sister made him marry someone else though he wasn't ready, just to ensure that his sister's love succeed though his love life was on verge of breaking. He simply believed that people who loves him, never betrays him. He trusted his loved ones more than he trusted himself. Maybe that's just his mistake. But can it also be called one? All things which happened, just happened because it was meant to happen.

It was only then that Abhi could learn to trust himself. It was only then that Aliya could learn what friendship and love is. It was only then that Pragya could learn to give time for herself too before others.

********************

Hi All..

I pray that all of you are doing fine, safe and healthy. Please take care of yourself and your family. This is a tough time for all the people all over the world. It's like mother Nature pressed some sort of Pause and reboot button, and all of us are afraid of the spread of the deadly Corona virus. Please Take necessary precautions and consult a doctor at the first symptom of a suspected infection. Remember, its not just about you, Its about your family too. Stay safe, Stay isolated, Maintain social distancing and Stay Happy.

Thank you so much for not giving up on this plot and continue reading further till here. I know I disappeared suddenly without any prior notice and me apologizing thousand times also might not compensate the void. But still, here I am apologizing to each and everyone of you. Please try to forgive me.

It's been almost almost 6 months since I've written something. I hope its fine and you like it. If you are confused with the sudden court scene, I would like to make it clear here that this scene took place between the 68 days mentioned in the previous chapter. This chapter is needed, to make it happen, for good to win over evil, for making people realize that it's not good for trying to take things too much into their control and allow things to happen, just the way they are meant to happen.

This chapter is so special to me because it contains so many moral values hidden between its lines. The values that are to be inculcated within oneself for a better life. A few of them are those which I learnt with my personal experience. The two most important ones I've highlighted in bold. I learnt in a hard way That we don't need a superhero to save the world, just offer a helping hand and a simple smile and few heartfelt words, its sufficient to see a superhero within oneself and within others too.    

I might have rambled a bit, but thanks for reading till here. And now that you are here, Please express your views through votes and comments. You might also like to share an experience from your life which somehow changed your perspective of vision.

Thank you,

Keep smiling,

Love,

Anjali :)