September 18, 2013

Sept. 16, 2013

Dear Diary,

At first I regretted sleeping with Sid, but now I think I’m okay with it. He is the first guy I have (successfully) had sex with since Cam, and I think he was the right guy to do that with.

However, (and there is always a however in this situation) I am also terrified.

What the hell do I do now? I mean, we live together. And he is also Sidney Fucking Crosby.

Yesterday was a little awkward at breakfast, and then we drove to Consol together. I tried to talk about anything except what had happened. I even asked him about hockey, which is something I try to avoid talking to him about (because I usually have no idea what he’s saying, but I’m learning).

The ice girls had to ‘share’ the ice with the guys, so whenever they had a break we would skate until they came back. It was kind of fun to watch them practice, (I think they were showing off a bit) but I really didn’t want to be around Sid.

I grabbed Caeleigh at lunch and hid (ironically) in the same closet Brandon and I had last week, and I told her everything.

I had to cover her mouth to keep her from screaming. I think she was borderline hysterical.

“What the hell do I do?” I asked once she calmed down.

“I don’t know!” She was still pretty shocked.

“I really, really am not looking for any kind of relationship right now. This is the last thing I need.”

“I think you need to tell Sid that soon before he starts having feelings for you or something.”

I nodded. That was actually really smart.

“Yes. I should do that. Now?” I asked. I needed to tell him as soon as possible so he doesn’t get the wrong impression.

“I guess. I mean, you could still be friends, but friends who have sex.” She offered.

“Like friends with benefits?” I couldn’t believe I was even saying that. But I did enjoy having sex with him. Maybe that could work?

“Sid seems kind of old fashioned. I wouldn’t put it like that, but just tell him how you feel and see how he reacts.” Caeleigh was so smart sometimes. (Unless she was around Geno, then she became a 14 year old girl).

We left the closet to find Sid and I ended up running into James.

“Hey,” he smiled. “I hope Sid wasn’t too mad about us drinking his beer.”

“No, he didn’t care, but I did have to eat dinner with the Lemieuxs and that was awkward.”

“I’m sorry,” he said putting his arm around my shoulders as we walked together. “How about I make it up to you by buying you a drink tonight?” He said stopping to look at me.

“Yeah, I like drinking, that would be fun.” I said smiling up at him.

“Awesome, I will text you later,” He smiled as he walked away.

I found Sid in the locker room still talking to reporters. As the last one left I quietly walked up and sat down next to him. “So, what can you tell me about this girl you’re sleeping with?” I asked in my best reporter voice.

He looked at me with confused smile, but I kept talking before he could say anything.

“Just kidding. But I would like to talk to you about that.”

“Okay,” he said as he went back to removing his equipment.

“It’s just that I’m not really, umm… last night was very spontaneous, and maybe it was a onetime thing, or maybe not. But I’m not looking for a relationship right now.” I smiled so he knew I wasn’t upset about it or anything.