21

I left him. He's right. I did leave him. How could I do that to him?

"I'm done with fighting with you. Night" He says turning away from me.

I can't find the words I'm looking for to respond so instead I clamp my eyes shut and try to fall asleep.

-----

I wake up to be dazzled by the amount of light streaming through the window. I roll over to see Jack fast asleep, I slide out of the bed and quickly change back into my now completely dry bikini. I leave a note on Jack's desk using one of the thousands of post-it notes he owns- 'Sorry x'. On my way out I throw my sleeping attire in the wash basket and creep out the door before anyone else in the house wakes up.

I walk back to my house and find the spare key under the mat. Surprise surprise, no one is home. I decide to change into my hot pink sports bra and black running shorts. I put on my trainers, tie my hair up, plug in my earphones and leave the house again.

I run for an hour without stopping (a new personal best) until I pass Meg's house. I see Matt's car parked outside. How low can she get? I stop and stare up at Meg's bedroom window. To my surprise, I see Matt appear at the window. I quickly bend into a lunge to disguise the fact that I was staring. I look up and roll my eyes to see him practically drooling. He really needs to figure out what he wants.

I contine to run to the nearby park. I really hope that I don't see any of the boys here, I know that they play football on a Sunday morning. Maybe I shouldn't have actually come here because of course they're here.

"Ind!" I hear Shawn call after me. I pull out an earphone and spin on my heels to see Shawn beaming at me.

"Hey Shawn" I say walking towards him. I look behind him to see Cameron, Nash and some other boys from school- Jack Johnson and Aaron Carpenter- all watching us. Watching me. Shawn's eyes don't leave mine for a split second. Why can't all boys be like Shawn? Such a nice boy to his girlfriend that he'd never dream of even looking at other girls.

"Do you have some time to come talk to the boys and I?" He says taking my wrist, already dragging me towards the pitch.  

"Hey guys" I say polietly

"Hey Ind, how are you feeling?" Nash says concerned

"I'm good"

"I mean how's your head?" He corrects

"It's fine, I took some Paracetamol so it doesn't hurt very much" I smile

"Good, wanna join in?" He offers

"I better go, I'm not very good at football anyway, I'm more of a soccer girl" I laugh, flipping my ponytail onto my left shoulder.

"Football is more of a mans sport" Jack says, jumping on Nash's back

"Whatever, I could beat you anyday"

"Prove it" He teases. I look at my phone- 11am. It's not like I have anything to get home to.

"You're on"

"Aaron and Nash are on my team" Jack Johnson explains "You can have, Cameron and Shawn" I nod and the selected boys walk over to me

"Just so you know, I don't think I actually can beat Jack" I laugh

"We'll manage" Shawn consoles me, dragging Nash off to get the ball with him.

"Hey Ind" Cameron says shyly

"Hey Cam"

"You look really good" He says, his eyes looking up and down my body.

"Er thanks"

"Did you hear about Meg?"

"What that she went home with Matt?"

"She what? I meant that someone called the cops on her. She got removed from the party" He explains, trying not to laugh.

"Oh my, that's crazy! Do you know who called them?" I ask. He smirks and raises his eyebrows before walking off towards the rest of the boys.

-----

We won 22-20. With no help from me. It was mainly Cameron and Shawn. I invite the boys back to mine but they're ll busy apart from Shawn and Cameron so we all have a race back. I win of course, they don't last 5 miles against me. Yeah, I may have taken them the long way home just so I would win.

We get back to mine and they both instantly walk to the fridge and pour themselves drinks. We all go up to my room and they flop onto the bed.

"So what's new with you?" I ask

"I think Anna is going to dump Nash" Shawn admits

"WHAT?" I yell.

"They argued a lot last night"

"About what?"

"You"

"Me?"

"Anna thinks that Nash was checking you out"

"I dont blame him" Cameron says under his breath but we both heard it. He soon realises it and then turns slightly red "I-I-I mean" he stutters "Oh what the hell, you know that I think you're hot! There's no point in me denying it"

"Thanks?"

"So er what are you up to today?" Shawn says changing the subject.

"Nothing really"

"Wanna come to a party?"