23

"Are you sure there's nothing going on here?" Anna asks

"100%" I say quickly

"Hmm okay. Sorry I accused you Ind"

"It's fine"

"It's just Nash is so hot that I'm scared other girls are going to catch his eye"

"The only girl who catches my eye is you baby" Nash says kissing Anna.

"So about this party?" I say sitting down on Anna's bed "Where is it?"

"Carter Reynolds' house" Cam speaks up

"And how do we get in exactly?"

"We knock on the door and walk in duh"

"That's not going to work"

"Oh isn't it? Ind no offence but we've been doing this a lot longer than you have" Shawn says

"Yeah and no offence" I mimic "But I know Carter and he's not a pushover"

"How exactly do you know him?" Shawn asks

"I- er- Math class duh" I say making up an excuse

"Well there's 8 of us against him"

"Plus all the people already inside" I add

"Yeah" He says obviously unable to think of a comeback.

"So where's Matt and Meg?" Ellie says walking into the room carrying a plastic bag. She tips it out to reveal a lot of different cans- some soft drinks, some alcohol.

"Meg said they're on their way" Anna says looking up from her phone.

"They?" Nash asks

"Yeah, they're a couple now didn't you know?" I say as-a-matter-of-factly

"They what?" Cameron says angrily

"Cam!" Nash yells, calming him down instantly. There's something about their friendship that is so tight that even 1 syllable changes their mood. "You need to get over her. Anybody willing to bang Cam to get him out of this funk?" Nash says half joking, half serious. All eyes look to me.

"Cam-"

"Go on Ind! It's not a big deal! It's just sex" Shawn says backing Nash up.

"but-"

"Just do it for him Ind" Anna chimes

"Yeah go on" Ellie adds. Suddenly it all becomes too much and I have to get the events of the first party of the summer of my chest.

"Matt nearly raped me" I say quietly

"What?" Anna says. I can't tell if she's questioning me about it or if she couldn't hear me.

"Matt nearly raped me at Ellie's party. I didn't say anything because I didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Thats why I don't want to 'do this for Cameron'."

"Ind" Ellie sighs, the rest of them just sit there stunned into silence. I stand up and gather my things.

"I'll see you tonight" I say before walking out.

I say goodbye to Anna's parents before leaving and make my way outside, starting towards my own house.

"Ind!" I hear behind me "Indigo!"

"What Cam?" I shout spinning on my heels

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"What happened back there. I wanted them to stop harrassing you, really I did!"

"Then why didn't you say something?" I scream, tears falling down my face.

"Please don't cry Ind"

"Oh I'm sorry" I say sarcastically "I'm nearly raped and you tell me not to cry. How unthoughtful of me" I say walking away again.

"No thats not what I meant!" Cam says jogging to catch up.

"Then what did you mean Cameron? Why don't you just do the same as Matt tried to do to get Meg out of your system?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I see how you look at me Cameron. It makes me sick. You undress me with your eyes so why dont you just do what you actually want to do to me right here. Right now. Matt did."

"I'm sorry. You're so beautiful Indigo, how do you expect me not to? Plus basically every other guy in school does it! So why can't I? Because I might actually have a chance with you someday?" He snaps. I stop and look at him.

"That's the thing. You're the only guy who would have a chance with me.That's what I'm saying. I want you to like me for who I am not for what I look like!"

"I do like you for who you are!"

"What's my favourite colour?" I say testing him.

"What?"

"You like me for who I am which implies you know me. So answer the question Cam"

"Um Green?"

"MY NAME IS INDIGO! That's about as big of a clue you can give and you still get it wrong"

"I'm sorry! But that doesn't mean I know nothing about you" I shake my head and continue to walk. "I know that you're petrified of horror movies and that you hate wearing makeup and you hate everything to do with fashion. You hate it when people are treated unfairly. You hate being one of the popular girls. To tell you the truth, I hate being a popular boy. People think either think I'm a total player or that I'm whipped by Meg. I just want to be known for me."

"I know what you mean" I reply, unable to think of anything else. Maybe he does know me more than I thought.

"I may not know the facts about you Ind but I do know stuff about you"

"I guess you do" Maybe I should just take one for the team and get Cam out of this mood.

"I don't want to sleep with you because you feel like you have to" Did I say that out loud? "Whenever you're ready"

"You a bit sure of yourself arent you?"

"Er yeah" We walk in awkward silence for a few minutes.

"Do you want to come back to mine?" I ask

"To do what?"

"Whatever you want to do" I wink. I see Matt's car coming towards us. "There's Matt and Meg" I state. before I know it Cameron takes my hands in his and kisses me deeply right there on the sidewalk just as the car drives past.

"Sorry about that"

"It's fine?" I say. It comes out as more of a question than a statement.

"Seeing them together just annoys me so much! And knowing what he did to you just makes me want to punch his lights out"

"Forget about them, you've got me now" I smirk and drag him towards my house. When we reach the front door I open it to find no one home. Surprise.

"Your parents still aren't home?"

"They're never home. Tilly and Violet will be at their boyfriend's house, like they always are so its just me"

"Hey, you've got me" He smiles, pulling me upstairs. He sits me down on my bed and takes his jacket off. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you" He promises.