58

---

"Indigo" I hear. I don't want to open my eyes. This all has to be a bad dream. Please let it be a nightmare. "Indie" I hear the same person say softly and I feel the bed sink slightly. I open my eyes slowly to see Jack sat by my knees. He places a comforting hand on my thigh. I sit up so that our faces are inches apart. I could kiss him right now- it's so tempting. Instead of doing that I hug him tightly, burying my face into his shirt. I take a deep breath in and my nose fills with the cologne that I love of his.

"You smell good" I say laughing. Laughing is the only way to stop me crying. Jack always makes me laugh.

"Did I do the right thing?" He asks, resting his chin on my shoulder. I nod into his shoulder. I guess he did do the right thing. I hope they feel shitty now because I know I do. "I love you Indie, you know that right?"

"I love you too Jack" I say. If only he knew how much I love him.

"I'm not going to let anyone ever hurt you again" He says tightening his grip on me. I squeeze him back and take a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. "I promise you that I'm never going to leave you or ignore you ever again because you're the best thing in my life and I can't afford to lose that"

"Stay with me?" I whisper.

"Always" He says letting go of me and climbing into my bed. I stand up and take off my now very uncomfortable shorts and easily creased top. I'm too drained to play games with Jack right now. I'm also too exausted to stay stood up anymore. I crawl into my single bed next to Jack. He wraps his arms around me and holds me close to his chest. I place my hand on his chest as he kisses me on the forehead. I fall asleep to the sound of his steady breathing.

---

I still feel Jack's arms around me as I begin to wake up. I open my eyes fully and look up at him to see that he's already awake looking down on me.

"Hey" He says huskily.

"Good morning sunshine" I smile.

"I missed this" He says pulling me towards him more.

"It's only been 2 days"

"I meant I've missed this- us. Not the flirting or the insulting. Just me and you being how we used to." I guess this would be a bad time to kiss him then.

"I've missed you" I say breathing in his scent again. He still smells so good.

"What do you want to do today?" He says resting his chin on the top of my head.

"Stay like this" I admit.

"Same, but we can't"

"Why not?"

"Because we didn't travel 5 and a half hours to lay in bed all day did we? I'm in easily one of the most beautiful places with the most beautiful girl- I have to take advantage of that"

"Not the flirting huh?" I laugh.

"It's in my nature, I can't help it. I'm laying in bed with Indigo Bartoli- the most popular girl in school. As if I wasn't going to flirt with you at all. "

"You can do better than just flirting" I say under my breath.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't here that" He says loosening his grip. Shit, I've messed it up yet again.

"So lets go to that pier tonight" I say excitedly, also changing the subject.

"I kinda promised I'd go with the boys" He sighs

"Oh okay" I say disappointed.

"I'll cancel. I'd rather take my favourite girl than go with 3 guys who I just met"

"No, I don't want to stand in the way of you and your friends. You go" I smile "I'll hang out with Molly and Laura"

"Problem- they've been invited too"

"Oh okay" I say fake smiling "I'll find something to do, don't worry about it" I say sitting up. I look over to see Molly's bed hasn't been slept in. Maybe she stayed at Nate's or something. I get out and walk over to the wardrobe. I hear a quiet click behind me so I spin to see Jack holding his phone up at me. "What are you doing?" I say slightly angry.

"I- Er- Nothing"

"I don't believe you" I say walking towards him "Let me see your phone"

"No"

"Why not?" I smirk "Got something to hide?"

"No" He sighs handing it over. I look at his recent message in a group chat with Sam, Nate and Kenny. It's a picture of me in my underwear from behind with a caption saying 'And you said I couldn't hit it ;)' I look up at him. I'm hurt and disappointed. After everything he said about not letting anyone hurt me he does this. 'Favourite girl'- bullshit. "I can explain"

"Don't bother" I say throwing his phone at him. It hits him in the chest and bounces back onto the bed. I turn to the wardrobe again and pick out the first shirt and shorts I can find which happens to be the black lace shirt from my date with Nash and some denim shorts. I pull them on quickly.

"Please Indigo" He says clambering out of bed, chasing after me.

"No Jack. You said all that crap about not letting anyone hurt me and then you go and do that. Sometimes I wish I'd never met you" I say angrily, walking out and slamming the door behind me. I run to the bathroom and lock myself in. I brush my teeth, making my gums bleed at how angry I am at him. I then brush my hair- strands falling all over the floor. I am not going to cry. Not for him. Not for anyone anymore. I'm on my own and I'll have to deal with it. I don't need anyone.

(A/N: 360+ likes for an update!)